Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:00 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,905,897 times

Advertisements

Starting to think outside of frisco....dh is leaning for us to be on pisd or allen ... Or southlake flowermound on the other side. Reason is that we are almost at 600 in richwoods and there is so much better to choose from. Looking for a golf course lake community. Talk to me about trails of glen wood trophy club twin creeks the colony or lantana. Looking at it from a school standpoint. Plano west is where is head is at...threw me for a loop... But I agree that once we hit 600 or 650 there are much better options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM

88 posts, read 173,209 times
It seems that schooling is a priority, if so then $650k can get you in Highland Park ISD. Schools are awesome, location is amazing and neighborhood can certainly make up for loss of new suburbian cookie cutter.

Highland Park Single Family Homes for Sale - Highland Park, TX Single-Family Real Estate - realtor.com®

Old 03-14-2014, 07:33 AM

786 posts, read 1,221,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGold View Post
It seems that schooling is a priority, if so then $650k can get you in Highland Park ISD. Schools are awesome, location is amazing and neighborhood can certainly make up for loss of new suburbian cookie cutter.

Highland Park Single Family Homes for Sale - Highland Park, TX Single-Family Real Estate - realtor.com®
This information is not totally accurate. Two of the homes in the link you sent are in west HP, which is city of HP, but DISD schools, which are HORRIBLE.

You can find properties in HPISD in that price point, but you'd be compromising a lot. For example, the 1 property in the link you sent that is HPISD is on Mockingbird, and most people don't want to live in a major street.

There will be a lot of concessions in terms of square footage, amenities, etc to get something at that price in HPISD.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
This information is not totally accurate. Two of the homes in the link you sent are in west HP, which is city of HP, but DISD schools, which are HORRIBLE.

You can find properties in HPISD in that price point, but you'd be compromising a lot. For example, the 1 property in the link you sent that is HPISD is on Mockingbird, and most people don't want to live in a major street.

There will be a lot of concessions in terms of square footage, amenities, etc to get something at that price in HPISD.
100% correct. This is the only property, not the others, that feed into HPISD. Also, expect that house to sell for possibly 700-750K.

4441 Mockingbird Ln, Highland Park, TX 75205 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 AM

Realtor.com should add search by school option like EbbyH did.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
Quote:
Realtor.com should add search by school option like EbbyH did.
Realtor.com® First to Add School Search in Significant Update to Mobile App

Looks like they have it on their mobile app.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Highland park is beautiful I am sure. I should have been clearer. The feeder lines if wp has been discussed before and so has ps. What about east ? I thought there were clinkers there . Is that why trails of glen wood is a good deal? What about little elm stem schools? Is it based off pisd stem schools?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:37 AM

262 posts, read 468,581 times
If you are considering East Plano, then you should look at Villas of Pecan Creek by Highland Homes near the Collin County Community College - Spring Creek campus and Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. Highland is a very good builder and is way better than the ones in Glenwood. I believe schools wont be any different from the ones that Glenwood homes will be zoned to. From what I hear, the elementary and middle schools are not on par with the schools on the West side of Plano.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Little Elm ISD?? You need to make up your mind about what comes first, housing, schooling or location? You just can't have it all in a limited budget. Something got to give.

You won't spend on top privates, you can't buy in HPISD, you don't like what your money can buy you in PISD/Coppell ISD/Carroll ISD, then you come and say that schooling is a priority. Why fool yourself? This is not criticism, just tough love.

Good schools and colleges can improve children's odds but a bright kid would do fine anywhere. If house size and finishes are important to you then focus on that, just be honest to yourself.

I knew that I can manage on a shoestring budget after paying private school tuition but I realized that I don't want to make that sacrifice, I know others who are doing it or living in a HPISD condo but not every family is cape able of these sacrifices.

Last edited by SilverGold; 03-14-2014 at 10:58 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Little Elm ISD?? You need to make up your mind about what comes first, housing, schooling or location? You just can't have it all in a limited budget. Something got to give.

You won't spend on top privates, you can't buy in HPISD, you don't like what your money can buy you in PISD/Coppell ISD/Carroll ISD, then you come and say that schooling is a priority. Why fool yourself? This is not criticism, just tough love.

Good schools and colleges can improve children's odds but a bright kid would do fine anywhere. If house size and finishes are important to you then focus on that, just be honest to yourself.

I knew that I can manage on a shoestring budget after paying private school tuition but I realized that I don't want to make that sacrifice, I know others who are doing it or living in a HPISD condo but not every family is cape able of these sacrifices.
Dude calm the frack down. I was just asking if the stem school was modeled after pisd stem schools. Is there a regulating body for stem schools like ib?

Nothing more nothing less. I would rather stay where I am but it's my dh that wants to explore outside in other towns since he can work from home. It's called due diligence. Your comment was neither helpful or insightful in anyway since it took a personal post on what you chose for your family. If I wanted a tough love lecture then I would transport myself back 30 years and listen to my parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: