Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 PM

235 posts, read 347,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Dude:
Just last week I drove from DNT and Royal north into Frisco to grab my tax return. I drove 80/85 the entire way - not once was the left lane blocked.
Sure. And just last week, I separated the red sea and walked on water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 12:47 PM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool1111 View Post
Sure. And just last week, I separated the red sea and walked on water.
And that's why I think there's a good chance you are MetroMatt. Your claims are grossly distorted. If you're not you guys should go on a brocation together.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Sure if you sit there to tens seconds or whatever after the light turns red. That's never happened to me.
It has nothing to do with "tens seconds"... the moment it turns red, red means STOP and you should back up behind the line instead of violating a red by turning.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:50 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
It has nothing to do with "tens seconds"... the moment it turns red, red means STOP and you should back up behind the line instead of violating a red by turning.
Oh my this is the problem here. Backing up at an intersection, never should you do that. Turn already. People have no clue with regards to this. It is very rampant here and not anywhere else.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 PM

23 posts, read 39,828 times
Quote:
Actually, no, red doesn't mean start backing up. 100% foolish and, unlike pulling into an intersection to turn left, NEVER sanctioned or suggested by driving instructors.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:32 PM

It beats getting a ticket for turning on a red light!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaGONER View Post
It's honestly not any kind of sense of "entitlement" - many of us were taught in driver's ed that that's what you do at intersections.
I give the driver ahead of me a little toot if they don't take their foot off the brake a few seconds after the light turns green. More often than not they're air-swatting their unruly children or have their faces stuck in a smart phone and aren't paying any attention to the road.

Not a long, drawn-out, obnoxious honk....just a polite little "Hey, the light's green...move please!" toot. People have done it to me before too. No biggie. We all share the road, we're all trying to get somewhere.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I give the driver ahead of me a little toot if they don't take their foot off the brake a few seconds after the light turns green. More often than not they're air-swatting their unruly children or have their faces stuck in a smart phone and aren't paying any attention to the road.

Not a long, drawn-out, obnoxious honk....just a polite little "Hey, the light's green...move please!" toot. People have done it to me before too. No biggie. We all share the road, we're all trying to get somewhere.
If the light's green but I can't turn, I'm not moving. Honk away.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:55 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Um if you're on a green arrow, you can turn. I'm talking about green lights in general, not a solid green at a left-hand turn where there's oncoming traffic.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:03 PM

23 posts, read 39,828 times
Quote:
Would you alter your driving practice if you were outside of Dallas at an intersection where you have no green arrow and also zero opportunity to turn on green?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: