Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:24 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Access to Dallas for employment:
1. Only Coppell would be commutable to downtown Dallas in under 1 hour.
That's not entirely true - I saw "FM" in the post. If that means Flower Mound, then there are homes for sale at the upper end of the price range with good schools that are about 35-40 minutes to downtown Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:57 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
That's not entirely true - I saw "FM" in the post. If that means Flower Mound, then there are homes for sale at the upper end of the price range with good schools that are about 35-40 minutes to downtown Dallas.
During rush hour? Really? I just plugged a Flower Mound HS to Main & Ackard route into my iPhone and it's showing 47 minutes both directions in traffic right now (2pm). I can't imagine it taking less than an hour in rush hour.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:34 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
During rush hour? Really? I just plugged a Flower Mound HS to Main & Ackard route into my iPhone and it's showing 47 minutes both directions in traffic right now (2pm). I can't imagine it taking less than an hour in rush hour.
I do it every day. In fact, I go from Lantana to downtown Dallas. It has the occasional hour plus commute, but its generally around 35-40 minutes from the Flower Mound portion of my drive.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:45 PM

9 posts, read 12,131 times
Yeah, Coppell is price. I get that one is paying for the location and the schools. Problem with is that Allen just has one high school.
What do you guys think of new construction happening in Frisco ISD & Prosper ISD. There sq.ft is less but at least you are getting a new house in good ISDs.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:47 PM

Yeah, Coppell is price. I get that one is paying for the location and the schools. Problem with is that Allen just has one high school.
What do you guys think of new construction happening in Frisco ISD & Prosper ISD. There sq.ft is less but at least you are getting a new house in good ISDs.
They are mainly by lenar, dr horton and pulte builders. Toll brothers is super expensive with resort like communities.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 PM

As I mentioned we are in Dallas this week scouting out. It didn't feel much different from twin cities on Friday and Saturday with all the snow and cold temperatures ...
There are a couple of houses that we have shortlisted. One is in Frisco city & Frisco ISD in Grayhawk Ph VI & Vii subdivision (Denton County). Second one is in Allen in Allen North #4 subdivision (Collin county). One in Frisco is 3 years newer and more updated and warm. One in Allen is also totally move in ready but might need few upgrades to make it more homely. Difference in cost is around $40K. The updates won't take that kind of money to bring it to our liking.
So wanted to see what you all experts see as better investment and better value of money. Community wise Frisco one looks better with trails and water fountains with in walking distance. Couldn't see quite similar things by Allen house. Does Allen have community kind of feeling and culture. Are there good parks / recreational activities for kids to do.
Any insights will be helpful to make a decision !!

Old 03-02-2015, 10:40 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
I just wanted to add that, by any reasonable standard, Dallas has 8 months of summer. Don't let this week fool you. It has been quite the aberration. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but mid-March through at least mid-November are warm, with mid-April through mid-October being hot. It's normally a welcome site in the spring (it will especially be this year), but for me, October is my least favorite time here season-wise. By then, you're just ready for fall....and it's still typically 90 degrees.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:58 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,107 times
We looked at houses in Grayhawk back in late 2009 and I wasn't impressed with them at the time. The house was about a year or two old and the quality wasn't very good. But I can't remember the builder because it was one I had never heard of. It's not close to 423, is it? I do like the park in the neighborhood, though.

As far as Allen, the two cities feel almost the same to me. I'm sure you can find parks and playgrounds in Allen just as you can in Frisco, just not in the neighborhood you have narrowed down to. Shopping should be equivalent in both as well.

Have you compared the neighborhood features and HOA prices?

Old 03-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Yes. Allen is $250 / yr and Frisco is $500/yr. I don't know what Allen HOAs are for though as there is no pool within the association as far as I know.

-S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: