Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 02:27 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times

Advertisements

Ask to see the HOA covenants before you make an offer on a property (Should be automatic if you have a good realtor but it never hurts to repeat this kind of advice).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
When we were looking for homes in the $250-300k range a few years ago, the figures I gave were about the average we found for Frisco/McKinney/Allen.

What price point is your home and where is it located? If your home is valued in the $3-400k range like the OP is looking for, I'd be shocked if they can find a neighborhood with an HOA that low in these areas with a pool.

Mine is $480... all the HOA does around here is landscaping of the common areas and sending out nasty grams telling people to maintain their landscaping and fence. No pool to maintain, a couple street lamps that they might have to pay for, not sure who is responsible for those electricity charges.
Price point is $350-450k. NW Frisco. We are a small neighborhood though, around 350 homes, so the pool is also quite small. There is a main pool and then 2 smaller pools for kids. We also have a small playground next to the pool. Ours also covers landscaping and lights during the holidays. We also just re-did our front entrance.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:10 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
The highest HOA dues in Murphy are Maxwell Creek. (1000 or so homes) They have a pool, but $100K/year goes toward the pool, plus the insurance and lifeguards required because they also have a water slide.

Next highest is Rolling Ridge at $500/yr. We have 600 homes and some awesome landscaping Plus some fun social activities throughout the year.

The other neighborhoods with pools and/or clubhouses are all under $500. but none of their landscaping is as pretty as Rolling Ridge. (Yes I pay a lot for it, so Ima gonna LOVE it! - heehee!)

Old 06-19-2014, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,186 times
Thumbs up Dues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Mine has a pool and is $454, so there are some cheaper HOAs out there.
Stephen -

What development in Frisco? Name of property mgmt company? Like your dues amount.

Thx

Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo55 View Post
Stephen -

What development in Frisco? Name of property mgmt company? Like your dues amount.

Thx
Eldorado Fairways at the Trails - SBB Management

Old 06-19-2014, 01:23 PM

153 posts, read 226,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Baylor99 View Post
That being said, our HOA fees are about $700/year, which IMHO is a steal...
I don't see how HOA can be anything other than a steal. To even pretend any fairness, these HOA scams ought to allow homeowners to opt out of paying for a pool they won't use.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:36 PM

30 posts, read 42,378 times
Quote:
We currently own a home in west Plano in a non-gated neighborhood where the homes are priced at mid $300s to upper 400's and our neighborhood has about two semi-annual socials/year; so not as active as say, other friends in other nearby neighborhoods who have crawfish boils, organized book clubs, holiday parties and whatnot.
Wow that's really neat! Our neighborhoods around this part of Southern CA don't have anything like that. I would love to find a place like that out in the Dallas area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas