Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,732 times

Advertisements

We live in prosper and we are looking to move closer to plano area and wondering if Avignon windhaven is a good choice for us.

we looked at a spec home last week that will be ready in a few months. Priced above $900k. we can afford but here are my questions.

1. Price has gone up significantly i believe in the last few years.

2. The home that we saw... looks directly into the back yard of the neighbor.
Our realtor says the fact that this home looks into neighbors yard means neighbors property value has already dropped, which means ours would when we are ready to sell.

3. We feel there is no privacy at all in this neighboor hood. But location is good.
our realtor says there is a lot of window restriction law suits pending in this neighborhood.

4. windhaven will eventually have 4-6 lanes by next year which will increase traffic here..and power and tower combo with interest rate hike by banks in the future will sure put a dent on home values in this neighborhood.

is it still worth pursuing? i know we are late.. we should have bought 2-3 years ago here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 07:01 PM

249 posts, read 330,226 times
I don't think anybody can give you the right answer in terms of investment right now. Its all going to come down to how badly you want to move. Personally, I think we are in the middle of the bull phase. Housing went up 10+% last year, it will probably go up another 10% in the next couple years and then either a correction or crash depending on the broader US economy. For me 900k.. I would go somewhere else..maybe inside willow bend. But 600-700k? yes. I rather not live in the most expensive home in the neighborhood.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 AM

953 posts, read 1,831,152 times
You can get better stuff in plano for 900k. It is not worth the trade-off at Avignon. I completely agree with aznkobee above...

Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 AM

246 posts, read 416,595 times
@dfwmove are you looking at the Toll Brother houses in Avignon windhaven? $900K is expensive but the housing prices in Plano are going up everyday and I doubt it will fall anytime soon specially with all kind of job opportunity and people moving in to Plano.

I was in a similar dilemma earlier this year when I decided to buy a house and eventually bought a 3500 sqft home (1992 Build) in 75093 for 400K. I had looked at Avignon windhaven home but at that point they were listed for high 600K and I felt they were still expensive then.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,732 times
i know i am not going to find newer but sounds like trade off is huge now..when prices are up significantly

1. I sense extreme sense of urgency from the builder.. sounds like they want to be out of there as soon as possible because of all the issues they will have
like 4-6 lane windhaven which will dent prices along windhaven. we are also told builder c an now build homes in 6 months there. How come all of a sudden the duration has gone down ?

they said last year it takes 1yr to finish out. but now when prices are up and up it is 6 months. That tells me demand is down big time.

2. Window restriction/privacy law suits.. etc..

3. we also do not see jobs in this area supporting this long term.

4. We are also told that the clubhouse is un-usable and not kid friendly and has a big parking problem.

5. toyota is not going to pay california salary.in texas.. Period...

we are also looking at older homes near by with larger yard and privacy..

Thanks everyone

Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM

718 posts, read 1,389,877 times
For that price , you can find better houses in West Plano. I know too many friends that have looked at Avignon and picked an already build house around Preston and south of Parker. It had always been known as an overpriced developpement. Even with the Plano's prices going up , it is still overpriced.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
There are only 3 homes in the entire community that have sold for over 900K since the opening of the community. I have a client building with Toll right now and another one building a custom home. We discussed in lenght the value of the homes in there.

Yes the parking by the pool is a huge problem. I don't know what they were thinking, they expected people to walk there but there are a lot of private parties and if the home is close to it, expect cars parked right by your home.

There is no lawsuit. The developer had set in place the restrictions to create privacy since the lots are so small and the homes are on top of each other. At that time, there were custom builders only, when the market dippled, KHOV and Toll purchased the land and the homeowners were not happy having them there. These 2 builders have followed the developer guidelines but their homes are larger and they have big windows upstairs which created an uproar with some homeowners.

Don't believe the 6 month quoted time to build the home, it's over 8 months.

The location and schools are great, that IS really good.

I anticipate the relocation package offered by Toyota to their employees to be pretty generous. They are certainly not going to reduce the salary of those they relocate, but those hired locally will be at the TX salary scales.

Naima

Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 AM

171 posts, read 359,038 times
If I were you, I would look at houses in Willow Bend ( Creeks of Willow Bend, The enclave, Gleneagles...) and Lakeside.

We looked at Avignon houses (Toll and custom) before buying our house in the Creeks of Willow Bend. The houses are new and very nice but there is absolutely no privacy moreover the water tower and the power lines are big eyesores.
I would actually be worried to live so close to the Power lines.

Again, this is my point of view, people have different tastes and opinions

Old 06-01-2014, 12:25 PM

287 posts, read 517,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfwmove View Post
i know i am not going to find newer but sounds like trade off is huge now..when prices are up significantly

1. I sense extreme sense of urgency from the builder.. sounds like they want to be out of there as soon as possible because of all the issues they will have
like 4-6 lane windhaven which will dent prices along windhaven. we are also told builder c an now build homes in 6 months there. How come all of a sudden the duration has gone down ?

they said last year it takes 1yr to finish out. but now when prices are up and up it is 6 months. That tells me demand is down big time.

2. Window restriction/privacy law suits.. etc..

3. we also do not see jobs in this area supporting this long term.

4. We are also told that the clubhouse is un-usable and not kid friendly and has a big parking problem.

5. toyota is not going to pay california salary.in texas.. Period...

we are also looking at older homes near by with larger yard and privacy..

Thanks everyone
Sounds like you have answered your own questions pretty thoroughly here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas