Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 902 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My 1 year old son and I are relocating to Dallas by mid-September. I have a few contacts for my job search and the last time I was in Dallas, I met with a recruiter who said it was a little early for her to place me. I obviously don't want to move there and blow my savings, but I hope to have a great job secured beforehand. I have 8+ years of work history (all good) as an Admin. Asst. and am planning to graduate with my bachelors (in Business Management) at the end of August. Dallas feels like a great place for our future, just have to get there.

How realistic is it to get a job prior to my relocation or what suggestions do you have? All help is appreciated - thank you! Also, if anyone has info (other than just Googled stuff) on pay scale for Admin./Exec. Assts I would love to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 PM

409 posts, read 1,045,386 times
Not realistic IMO to have a job in the field you mentioned before you move. But you should have no issue finding a job once you relocate even if it is just a contract job at first.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM

80 posts, read 109,608 times
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I've been looking for work out of state for 2 months and haven't had any calls. On the otherhand, my husband has had 4 interviews so maybe it's an industry thing (he's in IT).

Old 07-28-2014, 01:16 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,528 times
You need a local address. If you don't have one, you can semi fake it with a UPS store and a Google+ number. Just be prepared to fly/drive out ASAP if you get an interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: