Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 AM

170 posts, read 262,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantintofrisco View Post
I have been to that subdivision by Standard Pacific in McKinney and there are tons of indians living in that complex. It is becoming like Richwoods. Many of the people are at work during the day but on the nights and the Saturdays, it becomes similar to Richwoods. I used to live in Richwoods and sold my home. Saturday afternoons are the worst since you can smell fried foods and curry. It engulphs the entire streets. The water tower isn't the only problem there.
I see that many indian's visited the sales center when I was there. I can't comment on that smell as every one feels the same about others as I feel the same when I sit on my apartment balcony on good evenings and some one is frying some thing on their grill above me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 9,712 times
Yes, the Stone Hollow one has I would say 85% Indian. There are plenty of them. They usually come out in the middle of the days and then all day on Saturday with their kids. You can see them at the playground.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:18 PM

I hate to add this but maybe that is why it is cheaper than most communities.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM

446 posts, read 846,497 times
mod cut: off topic

I don't know where else to look and still be under $600K for what we're looking for. Pay to play, but even going to $700K will still have some of the same issues (high HOAs, unpleasant views/lots, demographics, plans, etc.). Buying a house is a compromise, but it seems even in the $600Ks there's much to be compromised around here. Existing homes are a non-starter for us.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 10-16-2014 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Just don't go there

Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
Mod cut: off topic

I don't know where else to look and still be under $600K for what we're looking for. Pay to play, but even going to $700K will still have some of the same issues (high HOAs, unpleasant views/lots, demographics, plans, etc.). Buying a house is a compromise, but it seems even in the $600Ks there's much to be compromised around here. Existing homes are a non-starter for us.
I agree. May be smaller lots and plans are <= 400k in that community. The ones that we checked are having base price of around 450k and the one's that you mentioned are around 495K and with the upgrades it will be > 550K. If we go at the end of the phase, we get the lots that we don't want. If you like standard pacific and want in that price range, you can check in fall creek, allen. but the lots are not straight N or E.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 10-16-2014 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Quote update

Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM

Drees is going to be building new homes in Allen. The sales guy told me. They will be starting in February and prices will be starting at $515,000.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:18 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Have you considered the area around Winding Creek, off Hardin? There's lots of new homes going up, all at around the $450-500k price point.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 AM

953 posts, read 1,831,152 times
Segregation is still a real thing. At least posts by couple of posters above should confirm the biases. It is actually pretty funny when some posters say they want to avoid a certain demographic and then later on mention that those demographics are not welcoming to them...
From my time on the Dallas forums, it seems people who have lived and have been raised in DFW are more tolerant toward other demographics than these transplants from la la land...
@ OP - water tower and the awesome info from Planogirl should be helpful in deciding. I would personally not take the lot as well.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:26 PM

12 posts, read 22,549 times
I have no issues with people of any type but even I wouldn't want to live in an ethnic enclave, even if it's my own ethnicity. This is a global era and we need to raise our children in a diverse environment. This is the reason for me to live in a big metroplex, otherwise there is no reason to leave my little town.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:31 PM

Just to confirm, I don't want to hurt the other poster and at the same time, wanted to tell him that we don't have the right to comment others as we can have that curry smell or grill smell not only from indians and it can come from any others. sorry if I hurt any one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas