Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,108 times

Advertisements

Hi ,
We are planning to move from bay area to Plano this summer. I have a middle schooler, could anyone suggest me good and safe apartments near Rice middle school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 09:55 AM

787 posts, read 1,223,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashmi108 View Post
Hi ,
We are planning to move from bay area to Plano this summer. I have a middle schooler, could anyone suggest me good and safe apartments near Rice middle school.
Hi, there are less apartments zoned to Rice than most other parts of Plano. However, Rice is one of the best MS in Plano, so it's understandable you'd want to focus on that.

I would look into the McDermott Place at Independence & McDermott (SE corner). A middle school age child could easily walk to Rice from this complex. That's an extremely safe area, so no issues on that front.

To be honest with you, I'm not even aware of another apartment complex zoned to Rice - everything else coming to mind if a Single Family home.

Just be careful, because there are plenty of apartments in the Rice MS zip code (75025) that look close to the school proximity-wise, but they are actually in FRISCO ISD (e.g., the apartments on the North side of McDermott).

Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 AM

33 posts, read 61,927 times
Renner Middle School has a good choice of nice apartments in that area, it is almost as solid as Rice but better diversity and more affluent area with a central location.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:47 AM

787 posts, read 1,223,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBGYN14 View Post
Renner Middle School has a good choice of nice apartments in that area, it is almost as solid as Rice but better diversity and more affluent area with a central location.
True. There are A LOT more complexes to choose from zoned to Renner (Northern end of zip 75093). Demographics-wise, Rice is almost exclusively solid middle & upper middle class professionals - white & asian, but predominantly asian.

Renner includes more upper class, but with a greater chasm in socioeconomic backgrounds (both extremely wealth & poverty). Ethnically, it isn't too different from Rice, but there are definitely less asian students at Renner and significantly more Hispanic & AA students than you'll find at Rice.

Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: