Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:55 PM

44 posts, read 66,634 times

Advertisements

House hunting is SOOOOO hard. After exploring many possbilites we have narrowed down to Plano and Irving (with CISD) areas. I am more interested in Plano- it is prettier and calm and I feel at home (moving from Naperville, IL).
Can anyone tell me which subdiv/area/zip code to consider to be close to GB to be able to get on to 75S the quickest.
I work in downtown and budget is <500K. School dist is very important. Proximity to a DART station would be an added bonus.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 03:28 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,407,452 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me which subdiv/area/zip code to consider to be close to GB to be able to get on to 75S the quickest.
Dallas North Estates (dumb name for a subdivision in Plano) would be the best in my opinion. Between Independence parkway to the west to Park Blvd to the north all the way to Alma Road to the east, and many price ranges, including some new builds in the near future. You can go down Custer to hit a free George Bush exit onto 75S. You can also hit the DART station at GBush Tollway in less than 10 mins of driving at rush hour. High school would be Plano Senior.

There will also be some new builds in E Plano in the near future if you want to live close to downtown Plano and even closer to a DART station. Around 18th st. High school would be Plano East.

The area doesn't compare to west Plano in terms of shopping, but access to US75 can't be beat.

You can also look farther south into Richardson if you want to shave a few minutes off your commute. Same basic area as above but as far south as Campbell Road.

Finally, $~500k might get you into University Park or at least really close. It's way closer to downtown and fancier than Plano.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:36 PM

142 posts, read 214,077 times
https://www.tollbrothers.com/TX/West_Park_Villas

http://www.creekhollow.net

Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 PM

7 posts, read 10,966 times
Default Plano- nearest subdivision to 75S

Home buying is a bit of a feeding frenzy in all good DFW areas right now, so I would advise you to be as open as possible as far as specific location goes. Get your Realtor to do a search by map (close to GB Turnpike and the 75) and include Plano ISD to narrow it down to that school district. Searching by zip code or subdivision could cause you to lose out on some good possibilities.

For example, I live in Far North Dallas, just south of GB and a little west of the 75. Although it's Dallas, some communities are in Plano ISD.

I agree too that Richardson would be a city worth considering . . . it has some really nice treed areas and it's closer to downtown Dallas. My advice is not to go too far north of the GBT in Plano - the commute is not worth it!

Good luck!

Last edited by FirstRE; 03-25-2015 at 04:39 PM..

Old 03-26-2015, 06:29 AM

44 posts, read 66,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRE View Post
Home buying is a bit of a feeding frenzy in all good DFW areas right now, so I would advise you to be as open as possible as far as specific location goes. Get your Realtor to do a search by map (close to GB Turnpike and the 75) and include Plano ISD to narrow it down to that school district. Searching by zip code or subdivision could cause you to lose out on some good possibilities.

For example, I live in Far North Dallas, just south of GB and a little west of the 75. Although it's Dallas, some communities are in Plano ISD.

I agree too that Richardson would be a city worth considering . . . it has some really nice treed areas and it's closer to downtown Dallas. My advice is not to go too far north of the GBT in Plano - the commute is not worth it!

Good luck!
Would you mind telling me which community - Dallas but Plano schools?
Also Richardson with Plano schools or RISD?
Thanks
JK

Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Parts of far north Dallas area with multiple subdivisions are in Dallas and PISD. the general area is south of Geo Bush Toll road but in Collin county. It's roughly between north DALLAS too road to the west and around Preston or coit to the east. Further east is Richardson I believe. The area is definitely north of Frankfort but GOP even further south but not as far as Keller springs road area if my memory is working this morning. Moss creek trial, whispering springs, oak dale, and parts of bent tree north are a few subdivisions in this area.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:29 AM

North East Richardson-75082 feeds to Plano Schools. West Park community in Plano is very close to 75 and PGB Turnpike. I would first look into that before going anywhere else. Creek Hollow Estates of NE Richardson offer similar access to highways and Plano schools.

Far West Plano with access to DNT, 121, PGBT and Plano West schools can work as well.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:59 PM

7 posts, read 10,966 times
Default Plano ISD in City of Dallas

It's basically the part of Dallas that is in Collin Co (not Dallas Co.) The boundaries are:

North of the Collin Co line/Trinity Mills Rd/McCallum Blvd
East of Midway Rd
South of GBT
West of Coit

I want to reiterate that it's not very useful to search by subdivision and as someone else said there are too many to list here. I just did a search for homes in Dallas/Plano ISD (I tried to post a map of the area, but it doesn't work on this forum). That's a much better search than subdivision. Suppose you leave out several subdivisions . . . Likewise, you can search for City of Plano/Plano ISD. City of Richardson/Plano ISD (the Collin Co part of Richardson is also in Plano ISD).

Where are you doing your searches . . . Zillow, Trulia etc?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles_chicago View Post
Would you mind telling me which community - Dallas but Plano schools?
Also Richardson with Plano schools or RISD?
Thanks
JK
Any address in Richardson that is in Collin County is zoned to PISD, as far as I know.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:03 PM

You can use this link to confirm that said house is indeed within PISD boundaries or not.

Plano ISD School Finder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: