Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,009 times

Advertisements

hi all

i am moving to dallas in couple of months , looking for an appatments which has indian people as neighbours

Kindly suggest some appartments

thanks

Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,471 times
This is in the wrong forum; I recommend this get moved to the Dallas forum.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:28 PM

436 posts, read 570,699 times
That is a very good way to put that OP, doesn't sound like you are in favor of segregation when you put it like that. I mean you are, but it does not sound like you are. Well done

Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Thread moved to Dallas Forum...

Old 05-05-2015, 10:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
The metroplex is bigger than some small states. Unless you want to commute 1.5-2 hrs each way, tell us the general job location and price range.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 AM

201 posts, read 237,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullu View Post
hi all

i am moving to dallas in couple of months , looking for an appatments which has indian people as neighbours

Kindly suggest some appartments

thanks
Are you asking because you want to be around Indian people or you want to avoid them? JK
Also you meant Native Indians right? Again JK.

If you were white, there would be hundreds of replies to this thread calling you "racist". BTW I am Indian and I think you are racist.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:17 AM

190 posts, read 288,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethisarea View Post
Are you asking because you want to be around Indian people or you want to avoid them? JK
Also you meant Native Indians right? Again JK.

If you were white, there would be hundreds of replies to this thread calling you "racist". BTW I am Indian and I think you are racist.
While I'm always somewhat annoyed by the minorities looking to be around people with the same background, it's not fair to call it racist. First of all, "Indians" is not a race. If an american living in Mumbai wishes to live in a neighborhood where there are other americans, would you call it racist? It can be a very intimidating experience for someone coming to live in a country they have no idea about. And it's only natural to want to find some sort of familiarity around your primary residence.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:24 AM

450 posts, read 555,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
While I'm always somewhat annoyed by the minorities looking to be around people with the same background, it's not fair to call it racist. First of all, "Indians" is not a race. If an american living in Mumbai wishes to live in a neighborhood where there are other americans, would you call it racist? It can be a very intimidating experience for someone coming to live in a country they have no idea about. And it's only natural to want to find some sort of familiarity around your primary residence.
then why can't a white person ask for a community of white people to live with? What if that is what they are most familiar with?

Slippery slope my friend.

As for the OP, I think that is an impossible question to answer. North Dallas is very diverse and there are plenty of Indians in the area.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:02 AM

190 posts, read 288,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
then why can't a white person ask for a community of white people to live with? What if that is what they are most familiar with?

Slippery slope my friend.
Because, "white" generally refers to a race. It'd be racist if "brown" people wanted to be around other "brown" people. But Indians wanting to be around Indians is akin to Texans wanting to be around other Texans (which could include people of all the races born n bred in Texas). It's not a slippery slope.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of it. I'm all for inclusiveness and prefer living in a neighborhood that has people from all the races, color, creed, ethnicity, sexuality, religion etc etc.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:10 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
Because, "white" generally refers to a race. It'd be racist if "brown" people wanted to be around other "brown" people. But Indians wanting to be around Indians is akin to Texans wanting to be around other Texans (which could include people of all the races born n bred in Texas). It's not a slippery slope.
One of the most intelligent quotes I've seen on here. India is one of the most diverse country's on the planet. Many different languages, religions, shades of skins, etc. We get caught up with the country name sometimes and forget that this was a conquered land that split up and grouped many peoples. More akin to Americans or Africans than race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: