Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 06:59 PM

203 posts, read 271,597 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We're looking to relocate from NJ this summer possibly and it would be very helpful to have a map of the Plano area where the neighborhoods are listed. I go on various websites and can see them but it would help to have the bigger picture since we're looking in a few different areas such as those zoned to Robinson, Renner or Schimelfenig middle schools like Whiffletree, Deerfield, etc. I'd like to be able to print it out for reference. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:28 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,929,831 times
Maps & Demographics | Plano, TX - Official Website

http://www.pisd.edu/schools/maps/index.shtml

Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 PM

788 posts, read 1,225,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deenie1 View Post
Hi all,

We're looking to relocate from NJ this summer possibly and it would be very helpful to have a map of the Plano area where the neighborhoods are listed. I go on various websites and can see them but it would help to have the bigger picture since we're looking in a few different areas such as those zoned to Robinson, Renner or Schimelfenig middle schools like Whiffletree, Deerfield, etc. I'd like to be able to print it out for reference. Thanks.
Just make sure you verify the streets since many of the subdivisions have similar names. The link posted above is a great reference. For example, Whiffletree off Coit v. off Legacy, all of the Hunters Glen neighborhoods, Deerfield v. Deerfield North, Forest Creek v. Forest Creek North etc. lots of names to remember. Then throw in the fact that some neigjborhoods are served by Frisco ISD & a small
section of Lewisville ISD, and it gets even more confusing! As a general rule, ne sure to look South of McDermott of you want Plano schools! There is even a situation at Coit & McDemott where there is a PISD elementary on one side and a Frisco ISD middle on the other!

Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 PM

144 posts, read 207,747 times
This isn't rocket science. You can use PISD's website to confirm feeder schools.

Plano ISD School Finder

This one can help with location, tax, subdivision etc.

http://www.collincad.org/propertysearch

Old 04-29-2015, 07:48 AM

203 posts, read 271,597 times
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have seen some of those maps and that School Finder site is great. The only problem is that when I print out the school map or look on any of the others, I need a microscope to read it! I know my reading vision isn't the best anymore but I can't see what I need :-). I'm really looking at just the areas of Plano that feed into Plano Sr and Plano West. I've been going on to the Zillow site and pulling up houses or looking at listings my realtor has gotten us. Given the size of Plano, I may need to put it all together in pieces! It's so hard doing this long distance...

Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,465,970 times
Quote:
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have seen some of those maps and that School Finder site is great. The only problem is that when I print out the school map or look on any of the others, I need a microscope to read it! I know my reading vision isn't the best anymore but I can't see what I need :-). I'm really looking at just the areas of Plano that feed into Plano Sr and Plano West. I've been going on to the Zillow site and pulling up houses or looking at listings my realtor has gotten us. Given the size of Plano, I may need to put it all together in pieces! It's so hard doing this long distance...
I'll pm you some directions for Zillow. You can search an area by the schools zone.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:01 AM

459 posts, read 1,745,040 times
Quote:
The general rule of thumb is west of Coit zones to West, east of Coit zones to Senior...at least that is what I've heard my fiance's mother who works for PISD say time and time again.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 AM

788 posts, read 1,225,141 times
Quote:
For West & Plano Sr, you'd want to search the following zip codes: 75023, 75075, 75025, 75024 & 75093 (All City of Plano). You can also search 75252 & 75287, which are City of Dallas zip codes with portions zones to Plano West attendance zone.

From there, you'd have to drill down to see if schools within those zips are actually PISD & not another district, but those would be the zips containing houses feeding to those schools.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:20 PM

162 posts, read 195,208 times
Quote:

If searching is too difficult, please ask your Realtor to list houses that are Zoned for those school...that will make your life easier. As pointed out by others, Zillow and the Collin County TAX site can you give the maps and subdivision name, but it is always prudent to double check the address against the school before considering to make an offer.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:41 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,262,597 times
I agree, I was going to suggest the same thing. It litterally takes only a few clicks to do a search specific to a particular school, by map, neighborhood and such. Have your Realtor adjust the search criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas