Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 10:22 PM

447 posts, read 321,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
What about your back yard? Did he check that? Did he check your attic?
He checked the back yard, and the out point where a/c is connected with my home, but not the loft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 02:02 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Step 1. Get out your garden hoe.

Step 2. Rummage around garage and find snake with garden hoe.

Step 3. Chop off snakes head with hoe.

Step 4. Leave headless snake in garage as a warning to others.
Works like a charm, killed three last week.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:55 AM

61 posts, read 136,936 times
You have to check by your own finely at your home and in every room, it may come for food that is rats or any other rodents. If you find it again in your home, then you should call to a pest control service.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:45 AM

232 posts, read 360,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
what shall i do ? Pest control or any kind of animal protection organization?

I was throwing a bag of paper into my recycling bin and when i came back to the door of utility room i found it on my way on the right side along the wall. My heart stopped for a second and then i quickly ran into the utility room. I took my iphone and opened the utility room door trying to take a picture from distance then i realized it was not there!

Omg, where could it be? I feel unsafe the whole house. I would not sit down on the chair more than 3 minutes and would jump off to check it was not behind me!!!

What if it goes to my kitchen or even worse bedroom? Does that mean the garden is no longer a safe place for my son as well?

Any idea people!

Kill It With Fire!!! :O

Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 PM

948 posts, read 1,139,153 times
I hate snakes....period
Once I found a garden snake, scared the crap out of me.. I was mowing with my flip flops on. Ran to the garage, got the shovel, ran back and chopped its head off. It was a small probably 2 feet long one. But, if its big, I don't know how to deal with it especially if poisonous. Its scary if your kids play out in the backyard with these kind of things crawling around.

I heard you could sprinkle crushed garlic around the perimeter which is a snake repellent.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton16 View Post
You have to check by your own finely at your home and in every room, it may come for food that is rats or any other rodents. If you find it again in your home, then you should call to a pest control service.
We called in a pest control service following the animal control one.

Hope this will help.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
I hate snakes....period
Once I found a garden snake, scared the crap out of me.. I was mowing with my flip flops on. Ran to the garage, got the shovel, ran back and chopped its head off. It was a small probably 2 feet long one. But, if its big, I don't know how to deal with it especially if poisonous. Its scary if your kids play out in the backyard with these kind of things crawling around.

I heard you could sprinkle crushed garlic around the perimeter which is a snake repellent.

You are so brave! That is the reason that I do not allow my son to touch any rear part of the back yard.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:29 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,539,370 times
I guess if you live in an area where there are poisonous snakes, I'd agree with those who say to kill it.

Otherwise, snakes are GOOD. They kill rodents and eat many mosquitoes and other bugs.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:44 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,313,278 times
Well, I think the answers to the two year old post are probably no longer of interest to the OP, but I disagree strongly that you should kill an animal just because it gives you the creeps. The vast majority of snakes you will see in Texas are non-venomous and are just going about their business. They have no interest in interacting with you - you are way too big to be prey and you are not a snake.

Do you recommend killing all the squirrels you see? You know, they are rodents just like rats.

A black racer or garter snake is about as close to a rattlesnake as a squirrel is to a rat.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, I think the answers to the two year old post are probably no longer of interest to the OP, but I disagree strongly that you should kill an animal just because it gives you the creeps. The vast majority of snakes you will see in Texas are non-venomous and are just going about their business. They have no interest in interacting with you - you are way too big to be prey and you are not a snake.

Do you recommend killing all the squirrels you see? You know, they are rodents just like rats.

A black racer or garter snake is about as close to a rattlesnake as a squirrel is to a rat.
Squirrels are destructive rodents that carry disease.

Non-venomous snakes are welcome in my yard. Squirrels are not. I hope the snakes eat the squirrels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas