Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:21 PM

13 posts, read 13,277 times

Advertisements

Problem is homes move fairly quickly in Sunnyvale and it has a limited inventory. This is a home I just found on Realtor but unfortunately it is already pending.... But this would give a good idea of what you can get 15 miles east of Downtown.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...47-54609?row=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 09:51 PM

11 posts, read 10,393 times
Thanks! I just discovered sunnyvale and it's darling!

Quick other question for anybody who has time, do people ever talk about like "what's the plan if there's a tornado?" Or would I be a lame out of towner if I did that?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:18 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,312,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kealohakate View Post
Thanks! I just discovered sunnyvale and it's darling!

Quick other question for anybody who has time, do people ever talk about like "what's the plan if there's a tornado?" Or would I be a lame out of towner if I did that?
If you are at home- You put on athletic shoes (IF your house does get blown away, you don't want to be barefoot walking through glass & other debris) and go to the center most room of your house on the lower floor (hall closet, bathroom, etc) which is the safest. If you have a bathtub in a center room, get in it and cover yourself with a mattress.

If you are driving - if you can quickly seek shelter (lower level of parking garage or similar), do. If you can't, do not park under a bridge or overpass. They become wind tunnels in a hurry.

Despite knowing all of this by heart, I've lived in Dallas almost 40 years and have never seen one or been near one. They are scary but do relatively little damage (lots of damage to a compact area) compared to our hail & windstorms (moderate to severe damage in a very wide area).

Old 07-17-2015, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the tips, but like, with a kid, if he had a play date with a friend + I mentioned something [just in case, like an emergency thing] would I be the weird mom? Haha, I know emergencies rarely happen, I'm in the home of earthquakes + we've never had "the big one", but I would just hate to not say something + wish I had

Old 07-18-2015, 08:18 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
Umm, yeah, you would be weird. My grandkids stay home when the weather is THAT bad. We do have mire warning than the Midwest seems to have, maybe b/c of geography?

Old 07-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Haha thank you! I figured that's just what we would do (if the weather is bad stay home) but obviously didn't know haha. Thanks for the response

Old 07-18-2015, 12:47 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,818,418 times
Surprised no one has mentioned the millinenial power - 23 year old buying 600k house, wow just wow

Also, I'm a North Dallas fan - Plano & Frisco are worth looking at

Old 07-18-2015, 02:13 PM

Haha, we're just fortunate to have helpful family. Like I mentioned, we've been with my parents for over 2 years saving every dime possible, and my husband was an athlete for a while so we were able to squirrel away his awesome pay days for a while. We try to defy the typical millennial stereotype

We've looked at both! They both seem to be a good size, are there any parts that are better than others or that we should avoid?

Old 07-18-2015, 02:19 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,818,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kealohakate View Post
Haha, we're just fortunate to have helpful family. Like I mentioned, we've been with my parents for over 2 years saving every dime possible, and my husband was an athlete for a while so we were able to squirrel away his awesome pay days for a while. We try to defy the typical millennial stereotype

We've looked at both! They both seem to be a good size, are there any parts that are better than others or that we should avoid?
Professional athlete getting the big contracts? Did he get traded to a Dallas team?

And to answer your question, anything allow the tollway (west side of those 2 cities) is good (both for convenience, urban development, school for kids) and is also a premium. But 600k you can afford most anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas