Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Here is your quote:You are running down DFW for being large and loving on LUV for being smaller. It's as simple as that.
1. If you don't know your way around DFW that's on you - 1 minute looking at an overhead map should be enough.

2. The rental car area is about 2,000 feet south of the southern most runway on the east side of DFW - that's hardly Oklahoma not to mention the wrong direction.

3. I live about 3 miles north of LUV in Dallas. I can drive from my front door to DFW in 3 true turns and a jog entering on the north side. If you can't navigate to and from DFW to your house with no trouble you are not qualified to live in DFW.
This from someone who feels the need to shorten the name of a 4 letter place to 3, and then misspells it to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This from someone who feels the need to shorten the name of a 4 letter place to 3, and then misspells it to boot.

DAL confuses people.

And it's notable that you've abandoned your earlier silly claims.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
DAL confuses people.

And it's notable that you've abandoned your earlier silly claims.
The only thing notable about our brief exchange are your irritatingly persistent and blatantly misguided assumptions.

I know the roads just fine......probably just as well or better than you, and I've only lived here a few months. I've been fascinated with road atlases since I was in 1st grade and have worked as a courier in 3 major cities. That said, DFW is a massive airport and as such has a slew of roads, both surface and express, surrounding it. Could this not present a daunting challenge for non-locals unfamiliar with the city layout once they disembark from a long flight and jump into a rental? You are aware that not everyone that comes out of that airport lives here, yes? As hard as it might be for your obviously higher intellect to accept and/or digest, a good number people are not able to decipher a freeway layout such as DFW's with a cursory glance at a map while on the dead run. I was simply saying that Love is much less of a challenge - and that you can apply this contention to all areas of the topic. Funny.....you imply that people cannot differentiate between 2 airport codes and then expect them to master one of the most complex metropolitan road layouts in the nation in the time it takes to start their car.

As for the rental location, the Oklahoma reference was a tongue in cheek jab. Your propensity for getting literal in order to supplement your arguments is clearly corrupting your interpretive abilities. Do you really think you're one upping me by pointing out the rental place is not actually on the way to Oklahoma?

Look, man....woman.....whatever. You like DFW so much - have at it! I find Love a fabulous alternative in just about every way, and no amount of silliness originating from your keypad is going to change that.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:41 PM

298 posts, read 416,728 times
After experiencing LAX, I'm thanking god for Love Field and DFW.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:11 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
Quote:
The only thing notable about our brief exchange are your irritatingly persistent and blatantly misguided assumptions.

I know the roads just fine......probably just as well or better than you, and I've only lived here a few months. I've been fascinated with road atlases since I was in 1st grade and have worked as a courier in 3 major cities. That said, DFW is a massive airport and as such has a slew of roads, both surface and express, surrounding it. Could this not present a daunting challenge for non-locals unfamiliar with the city layout once they disembark from a long flight and jump into a rental? You are aware that not everyone that comes out of that airport lives here, yes? As hard as it might be for your obviously higher intellect to accept and/or digest, a good number people are not able to decipher a freeway layout such as DFW's with a cursory glance at a map while on the dead run. I was simply saying that Love is much less of a challenge - and that you can apply this contention to all areas of the topic. Funny.....you imply that people cannot differentiate between 2 airport codes and then expect them to master one of the most complex metropolitan road layouts in the nation in the time it takes to start their car.

As for the rental location, the Oklahoma reference was a tongue in cheek jab. Your propensity for getting literal in order to supplement your arguments is clearly corrupting your interpretive abilities. Do you really think you're one upping me by pointing out the rental place is not actually on the way to Oklahoma?

Look, man....woman.....whatever. You like DFW so much - have at it! I find Love a fabulous alternative in just about every way, and no amount of silliness originating from your keypad is going to change that.
DFW is difficult to get out of and has a "complicated freeway structure"? Really? It's one major highway running north-south bisecting the terminals! This is difficult?

Also, comparing DFW to an airport that handles 1/7th the passengers is more than a bit ridiculous. Compared to most similar sized airports, it's a breeze and half.

I'll take your "love of road atlases" and see you a considerable amount of travel out of many large airports in the US. DFW is an effing breeze compared to O'Hare, and that's one of the few times you'll hear me compare anything in Dallas favorably to anything in Chicago. DFW's freeway system is "one of the most complex metropolitan road layouts in the nation"? You've visited Boston, right? Ever try exiting Logan? Heck, ever try just GETTING AROUND Boston?

As for airfares, sure, Southwest is cheaper than American. I don't see how that makes any one AIRPORT better, but whatever.

I hold different opinions than EDS on a number of issues, but I'm firmly in accord with him on this. DFW is one of the better structured large airports in the US. I realize it may be trickier to get around than Grand Rapids, Michigan, but such are the sacrifices one must make.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
I hold different opinions than EDS on a number of issues, but I'm firmly in accord with him on this.
So when's the wedding? Picked a venue yet? Wait, let me guess.....

Old 08-05-2015, 05:52 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
Quote:
So when's the wedding? Picked a venue yet? Wait, let me guess.....
So...that whole "fascinated with Road atlases since first grade" was...what, 3 years ago? I mean, really, nice adult response there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: