Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 AM

10 posts, read 56,881 times

Advertisements

I live in east Dallas and would like to make some stuffed chicken wings for The Big Game this weekend. These wings are best made with med-large sized wings. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 08:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Sam's or Costco in bulk?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmollie View Post
I live in east Dallas and would like to make some stuffed chicken wings for The Big Game this weekend. These wings are best made with med-large sized wings. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find them?
Don't really know a place to recommend other than the usual grocery stores or Sam's... but I DO hope you'll share your recipe for these as I've never heard of stuffing wings before!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Don't really know a place to recommend other than the usual grocery stores or Sam's... but I DO hope you'll share your recipe for these as I've never heard of stuffing wings before!
I have eaten stuffed chicken wings before but I have never made them. This will be my first attempt using a recipe from a friend.

Stuffed Chicken Wings
Yield: 8 wings

8 Chicken wings
4 oz Bean thread vermicelli
3 Pieces dark wood ear fungus
1 1/4 c Ground pork
1 Small onion
1 Small carrot
1 Egg, beaten
1 tb Nuoc Mam sauce or light soy
Salt and black pepper

Debone the chicken wings by cutting around the bone with a sharp knife.
Holding the wingtip, gently ease the bone away to leave the skin and a thin layer of chicken.

Soak the vermicelli in warm water for 10 minutes then drain thoroughly and
cut into short strands. Soak the wood ear fungus in warm water for 10
minutes then squeeze dry and chop into thin slices.

Mix all the stuffing ingredients together. The mixture should be firm.
Mold the stuffing into a ball and insert it into the bag of flesh and skin
of the chicken wing.

Preheat the oven to 400F. Steam the stuffed wings for 10-15 minutes. (If you want to make a large quantity, multiply the measures accordingly and freeze after the steaming stage.)

After steaming, place in a lightly oiled roasting pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.

Last edited by missmollie; 01-29-2008 at 09:10 AM..

Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
What time does the party start? I'll bring the napkins And the beer

Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 AM

670 posts, read 2,999,222 times
Yum! I've never had stuffed ones, but I love all things chicken--especially wings.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Wow... those look & sound great! I was trying to picture how you'd stuff a little wing and couldn't... learn something new everyday. I can see where you'd need to find the biggest you could!

Thanks for sharing... and let us know how yours turn out!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Wow... those look & sound great! I was trying to picture how you'd stuff a little wing and couldn't... learn something new everyday. I can see where you'd need to find the biggest you could!

Thanks for sharing... and let us know how yours turn out!

I'll post pictures of the results.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
What time does the party start? I'll bring the napkins And the beer
the party usually starts when the beer arrives.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmollie View Post
the party usually starts when the beer arrives.
I'm on my way to get the keg filled

Someone else said Sam's. I'd also try a place called Restaurant Depot. You do have to have a membership (free) but to get one you must have a tax id. They sell in massive bulk for most things and this is where all of the restaurants go. If you do go look for the brownies, YUM!!! You have to buy 2 trays of them ($25) but they are OMYGOSH DEVINE!!! I don't know if they have a location close to you. I visit the one in Richardson just east of Central. There is one on Industrial Blvd in Dallas (which is easy to get to from the east side of Dallas).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas