Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2016, 07:15 PM

59 posts, read 54,303 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I recently transferred in Texas, I already had a minor car accident , the first in 20 years and being by fault I have to take care of the cost directly.

I own a Scion XA and the fender is broken so it needs to be sustituted. I went to the Toyota shop near home and they said it will cost about 2000 dollars to repair, most of it is the cost for man work.
It is really expensive for me and also I think the damage is not that much, can you please advice me where I should look for a cheaper repair? any local shop? Plano or also Dallas area as long i can have a good price.

thank you for your help I really need it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 07:30 AM

170 posts, read 262,826 times
I did my car repair in Garland with Steve 214 707 5224. He did a wonderful job and gives you the very lowest price for repair. I think its called TX Prestige Auto

Old 01-19-2016, 07:45 AM

119 posts, read 192,114 times
My colleague and I had great experience with New Concept Autoworks in Plano. They did quality work for me and the price was quite reasonable.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 AM

164 posts, read 253,186 times
In my experience dealership body shops tend to write an estimate for the visible damage as well as for possible hidden damage which may or may not be there. The answer to your question will really depend on what you expect in quality. You could probably have someone pull a used fender from a vehicle of the same color and have it switched out at a pretty reasonable cost. It wouldn't look exactly right because it wouldn't be a 100% match to your car, but it would be the most economical thing to do. Be aware that there could be additional damage seen once the fender is removed from the car, and sometimes there can be damage to adjacent parts that is hard to see until it's in a shop.

If it were me, I would probably take it to a shop like Service King or Caliber Collision or another well known non-dealership provider. From there I would want to make sure that a used, OEM, or CAPA-certified aftermarket fender were being used. I would want to ensure that it were being repainted and that the shop blended the paint in the adjacent door.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2016, 11:56 AM

446 posts, read 847,792 times
+1 for New Concept in Plano. They do great work and, if paying out of pocket, they'll work something out with you that's reasonable. Both my cars have had work done by them and been totally satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas