Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 02:23 PM

26 posts, read 28,741 times

Advertisements

Yes. The comments about Canyon Creek being generally better are not correct. Like all neighborhoods there are tradeoffs. Canyon Creek is more akin to a Preston Hollow lite.

If you want tear downs and prices that are more per sq foot even for older homes then Canyon Creek is for you. Many of Richardson's homes built less than ten years previously (Canyon Creek started building in the 1960s) are better built than many (but not all) Canyon Creek homes. They will be smaller however. You will also find a larger prevalence of pier and beam foundations outside of Canyon Creek (i.e. all of the Heights areas.)

Any "heights" neighborhood is fantastic basically. You simply can't go wrong. The one exception the serious SW portion called the D streets might not be to your liking. -J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 05:01 PM

164 posts, read 252,842 times
Canyon Creek has some of the only million dollar homes in Richardson and likely has more teardowns/new construction than any of the other West Richardson 'hoods. That's all I meant. I'm happy in the Reservation and prefer it to Canyon Creek for our family. Regardless, the OP will be fine in any of the mentioned areas. We all know that once you've got that 75080 zip code you've "made it" in life

Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 AM

26 posts, read 28,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingInRichardson View Post
Canyon Creek has some of the only million dollar homes in Richardson and likely has more teardowns/new construction than any of the other West Richardson 'hoods. That's all I meant. I'm happy in the Reservation and prefer it to Canyon Creek for our family. Regardless, the OP will be fine in any of the mentioned areas. We all know that once you've got that 75080 zip code you've "made it" in life
Thus my comment..... "If you want tear downs and prices that are more per sq foot even for older homes then Canyon Creek is for you."

Old 01-12-2016, 04:11 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday2 View Post
My kids are in RISD. If you're interested in school boundaries, go here, Richardson ISD - Global - Maps

Spring Valley and Coit isn't a very nice area. Agree with staying north of S.V. and west of Coit or west of Meandering Way.

Check out zip code 75248 as well as 75080. We really like the Far North Dallas area and this is from a native who never thought she'd live north of 635
Just wanted to qualify the above. The Lake Highlands area of Richardson (south of 635) is very nice, too. I have friends with children at Lake Highlands, White Rock, Merriman Park and Skyview elementaries, and they are all very satisfied and happy with their schools and their neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas