Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:08 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,036 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be an interesting and very relevant thread to start...What are your thoughts and predictions for the 2016 DFW market?

I think buyers purchasing a house in Plano,Prosper and Frisco are going to have quite an experience.If I were buying in any of those areas I would not wait a second longer to do so.It is realistic to assume that those 3 areas are going to get even hotter than they already are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 12:50 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
Another thread about property values in Plano/Frisco? It seems as though that is all this board talks about.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:13 AM

43 posts, read 48,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Another thread about property values in Plano/Frisco? It seems as though that is all this board talks about.
Actually, OP wants to talk about Prosper. Plano and Frisco were added as there is no way around it. As few others on this forum, including OP wrongly predicted demise of Plano for years, these discussions have limited value. As we all know Plano is sizzling hot and by association good times for Frisco and other towns as well.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,420 times
There answer is probably because that is where it has been active. However, there are other areas that are on there way to becoming hot as well. An area, many probably dont know about, especially if they are Sellers of North of Dallas and up. This area is Called North Oak Cliff. This area is positioning itself and would be an area to buy a house at. Moderator cut: not allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-10-2016 at 10:32 AM..

Old 01-10-2016, 10:50 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
Plano is very far.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:55 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I see continuiing strength in the DFW housing market in 2016. Its all about fundamentals of demand (jobs, jobs, jobs) and a tactical push from fear of mortgage interest rate increases as the fed acts to directionally increase rates. The major DFW jobs adds in the area mentioned, Toyota and Liberty Mutual will provide a push to buyers on the fence anticipating their arrival in mid 2017. I see strong housing demand through mid 2017 due to these known factors. Beyond is probably solid as well, if trends continue, that is new jobs bringing people in to our area, people with incomes and down payments who can afford to buy homes. Starter homes and the internal move up market will remain solid as optimism and confidence remains moving new home buyers to take the plunge.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:49 AM

817 posts, read 922,764 times
RE prices in Collin and parts of Denton County will continue on a climb as more jobs are relocated to Plano.

Other areas may experience higher than normal sales if people whose jobs were consolidated to Plano from other North Texas locations choose to move rather than commute. This may open entry level house opportunities in those places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Plano is very far.
From what?

The beach? Yes
Mountains? Yes
Work? Not if you work in Plano like I do. If you don't work there, you are free to move closer to work. If your job is moved to Plano from somewhere else in DFW, then you have to make the choice between commuting or moving.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:25 PM

283 posts, read 404,577 times
I guess the Real Estate here might depend on how the stock market perform during coming Spring. So far in the beginning of 2016, the US stocks & China stocks have been diving downwards !

Old 01-10-2016, 12:50 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
RE prices in Collin and parts of Denton County will continue on a climb as more jobs are relocated to Plano.

Other areas may experience higher than normal sales if people whose jobs were consolidated to Plano from other North Texas locations choose to move rather than commute. This may open entry level house opportunities in those places.

From what?

The beach? Yes
Mountains? Yes
Work? Not if you work in Plano like I do. If you don't work there, you are free to move closer to work. If your job is moved to Plano from somewhere else in DFW, then you have to make the choice between commuting or moving.
I tried to quote separately but couldn't find

And yes, yes.

Far from the beach, mountains and skiing

Old 01-10-2016, 01:38 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,640 times
Isn't this like the 100x 'predict the future DFW real estate market' thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: