Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:10 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
As a single, who goes to all the hip party scene uptown /downtown, addison for fun every week, 40% of the crowd is from the suburbs. Girls are unimpressive in the DFW area to begin with. So stay anywhere as long as nice places are close by. That is all I would say. It's not like men go sniffing for dates every day of the week.
Are you going to loud bars? Try some of the quieter spots where you can have some amount of conversation. That might help you meet some more impressive ladies. The selection of women in Dallas is better than you give the city credit for in that statement.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
As a single, who goes to all the hip party scene uptown /downtown, addison for fun every week, 40% of the crowd is from the suburbs. Girls are unimpressive in the DFW area to begin with. So stay anywhere as long as nice places are close by. That is all I would say. It's not like men go sniffing for dates every day of the week.
Nothing like being sexist, objectifying and creepy in the same post. Congratulations on the trifecta. Bonus point women are not girls.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 PM

645 posts, read 835,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Might be the funniest thing ever posted in the Dallas forum.
Probably coz it's true!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Are you going to loud bars? Try some of the quieter spots where you can have some amount of conversation. That might help you meet some more impressive ladies. The selection of women in Dallas is better than you give the city credit for in that statement.
I really really wish I could. I sometimes go into comparison mode, that's what brings it down.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Nothing like being sexist, objectifying and creepy in the same post. Congratulations on the trifecta. Bonus point women are not girls.
Still you did not add reputation. I'might disappointed!

Old 02-16-2016, 10:11 PM

537 posts, read 598,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Might be the funniest thing ever posted in the Dallas forum.
To be fair, all the single guys I know here in their 20s always complain about the lack of quality young single women, and I don't know any women in their 20s who isn't taken. Not that it makes any difference to me since I'm married, but it did seem like there were more quality young single women in NYC in proportion to the single men. All I know is that when I or my wife try to set up our single male friends with dates we fail miserably because it seems like single women here of age 22-30 don't exist. Of course I could be horribly wrong since I don't get out much and my social network is of limited scope.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:17 PM

North East maybe. Even the north west. Can't comment on the west. Never been there. Or the east. Only been in and out of the major cities.

But truly awesome is Europe/Eastern and Southern Asia/Australia. The ladies mature at an early age. Delightful to talk to! Just plain nice. Not sure about Canada and South America, haven't had too much interaction with people from there.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
I never said someone living in the Jersey/NYC area would be doing better financially than someone here with a similar job - reread my post. However, quality of life may be better depending on the person once you factor in public transportation and the fact that NYC offers a lot that DFW doesn't.

DFW is not nearly the bargain it was even three years ago. When I moved here from NYC it was incredible how much extra money I had in my pocket each month. Now? The difference in my finances wouldn't be so extreme, and after crunching the numbers again between my job here and a position I was offered in NYC, living here is still easier on the finances, but not by nearly as much as when I first moved here. DFW is great, but honestly I think it's worth paying a little extra to have access to NYC which is arguably the greatest city on Earth.

I agree! A few years ago it was worth it to move to Dallas but if you're in a profession that affords you a great salary, it's not worth it to move to Dallas anymore. Yes you might save a little but as you stated the trade offs food, transportation, and what the city has to offer as a whole would be much better than saving a little bit of money.

Due to the rising cost of buying a home and lack of inventory is exactly why my fiancé has decided it's not even worth it to stay here anymore and we've decided to move to NY. For the money we'd end up spending for a home here, it would be a much better practical decision to move to NY and pay a little more because you can't put a price on what NY has to offer.

Quote:
Probably coz it's true!

I agree with you! The males I know that moved here or come to visit think the women in Dallas are mediocre at best and none of their girlfriends/wives are Texans. I knew my fiancé wasn't a Texan when I met him and he said the same about me.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:34 PM

537 posts, read 598,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I agree! A few years ago it was worth it to move to Dallas but if you're in a profession that affords you a great salary, it's not worth it to move to Dallas anymore. Yes you might save a little but as you stated the trade offs food, transportation, and what the city has to offer as a whole would be much better than saving a little bit of money.

Due to the rising cost of buying a home and lack of inventory is exactly why my fiancé has decided it's not even worth it to stay here anymore and we've decided to move to NY. For the money we'd end up spending for a home here, it would be a much better practical decision to move to NY and pay a little more because you can't put a price on what NY has to offer.
I do think the low cost of living in Dallas still makes it worthwhile to live here, even considering all NYC has to offer, but if real estate keeps going up much more I wouldn't see a point to moving here. I might move to Denver or back to NYC if the prices keep going up.

Realistically, real estate prices in DFW will NEVER (at least not in the next 20 years) get close to those of NYC or the west coast because the climate, topography, and attractions here aren't as desirable. If the prices keep rising to a point where they are only 25% cheaper than the west coast or NYC, that would be around the point most people would start to think it's not worth saving 25% on rent/home price to have to live in Texas, and they'd rather get a smaller place in sunny California or center-of-the-universe NYC.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:44 PM

Fair point. Weather is my main let down here. Really really trying somewhere in the north east to get a job. But unable to at the moment. Will put my house on rent and stay some place where I can at least make one decent snowman a year.

But my overall goal has always been to return to England someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas