Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 05:21 AM

23 posts, read 36,687 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating from Michigan to the Dallas area. I have narrowed my city choices down to the city of Frisco. I've noticed that the houses in the Centennial High School district seem to be considerably less than other areas and there are so many for sale. Can any Frisco residents give me some insight on why this may be? I'd hate to move into an area with little appreciation value or that may be considered undesirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 09:37 PM

283 posts, read 404,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmylife View Post
I'm relocating from Michigan to the Dallas area. I have narrowed my city choices down to the city of Frisco. I've noticed that the houses in the Centennial High School district seem to be considerably less than other areas and there are so many for sale. Can any Frisco residents give me some insight on why this may be? I'd hate to move into an area with little appreciation value or that may be considered undesirable.
Less houses and yet there are so many on sale ?? It may mean :

1) houses value there are really high now that tempted many sellers to sell.
2) houses there are crap and people are fleeing ? .... I doubt so.

If you have a realtor, they can tell you the average CDOM of that area ...i.e. number of days on market, so that you can roughly tell how hot is the house market value.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:31 PM

35 posts, read 96,045 times
Not sure where you are getting this information. Quick search proved me your information is not correct. As per the current statistics, lonestar and Frisco has more number of homes for sale than Centennial. I did not check independent and Reedy. They are too new to compare. As per all the statistics, Centennial ranks in number 2 in FISD, It has all chances of keeping its current rank or becoming number 1 based on the 2016 zoning changes.
As others suggested, you need to get a qualified realtor. I see you have posted another -ve thread about Centennial high school few days back(About Drug issue in Centennial). Not sure your intentions are. If you do not think it is right for you, you should look at other schools...

Old 05-15-2016, 03:03 PM

241 posts, read 382,042 times
You may want to keep an eye on when the homes you're finding were built. Some areas of Frisco are very new. Other areas have been around for 10-20 years. So the newer areas are going to cost more while the older areas may have homes that were built over a decade ago and people are taking their "winnings" and moving elsewhere. For example, the Lonestar High school area that Indyguy mentions... several of those neighborhoods were around for the initial housing boom back in the early 2000's and people who bought them back then may still be living there and looking to get out. Houses back when I bought in that area in 2004 were selling dirt-cheap compared to what they're selling for today. For example, you could get a 2400 sq. ft. house back around 2004 in that area for around 170-180k pretty easily. Back then, it was considered the "new" part of Frisco. Some of the area around Centennial can have potentially even older homes than that since they were around before I moved in. Complicating the matters is that in each of these areas, newer homes are being built where you can't get into them for less than $425k-$450k if you're lucky.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:57 PM

283 posts, read 404,577 times
What I kind of notice is that quite a few of the older houses (10 to 20 years old) over at that region are usually smaller houses (<2500 sqft), and those usually sold off pretty quick because it is less than $300k, and recently it prompted many people cash off the winning (*jackpot*)

Old 05-15-2016, 06:07 PM

241 posts, read 382,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard88 View Post
What I kind of notice is that quite a few of the older houses (10 to 20 years old) over at that region are usually smaller houses (<2500 sqft), and those usually sold off pretty quick because it is less than $300k, and recently it prompted many people cash off the winning (*jackpot*)
I'm guessing anything less than around $350k and 2000+ sq. ft. will sell off quickly in Frisco assuming it isn't falling apart simply because nobody's going to be able to move into Frisco at that price and sq. footage with Frisco ISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: