Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,982 times

Advertisements

Hello there! I just got a job south of Denton and am looking into renting an apartment in Lewisville (to be closer to Dallas, but not have a ridiculous commute).

Is there anyone familiar with Lewisville and can offer thoughts on all the different parts (south, central, north)? Are there better neighborhoods than others or areas/cross streets I may want to stay away from? I am currently considering apartments around Vista Ridge Mall and Justin Rd/I35 (north, close to Lake Park). Are there other areas, within Lewisville, I should consider? I would like to stay west of the I35, away from the landfill.

Flower Mound, Carrollton, Irving, Coppell, Grapevine, and The Colony are all too far or out of the way for me.

I have not been able to find much information regarding Lewisville. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
My son and gf/wife rented twice in Carrollton when they were together about 7 yrs ago
First one was nicer...but not new
Second one was just north of Vista Ridge Mall --off old part of 121 I think--
bad complex...maintenance lax, lots of bad neighbors ( noisy/fighting/cops called)... He had his car stolen from parking lot...
They wanted that area bcuz she worked at UNT and road the DART bus that had a stop at the defunct movie theater north of VR Mall

There are some newer gated ones (gates aren't great security feature but better than none)
Those are south of the mall--
Don't know about area east of 35--I am referencing west of 35

Had older friend of husband's sister who lived at apts just north of Grapevine Mills mall--not ones bordering property but a mile or so to NE
nice complex, gated, various ages, nice gym....part of units bordered some lake/park land so those units had nice views, more privacy...had strip shopping center w/Kroger and other retail
Convenient to walking over

There is lot of new, upscale bldg in Lewisville...
Google for the new movie theater on long timber (maybe)
Lots to do in that area it seemed the couple of times we met friends there...

Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 PM

218 posts, read 336,955 times
If you stay east of I35 you can take DART train to Dallas. But that puts you closer to landfill.
I think there is also train to Denton from north Lewisville.
Many apartments around Vista Ridge mall. They are good value and will put you on I35 to Dallas on Denton.
You can also drive to train station east of I35.

Some apartments are also there south of lake but east of I35.
I love the access to lake there (golf course which is now flooded and access to fishing, boating).
I am not sure about apartments in Highland Village.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:00 PM

55 posts, read 53,976 times
I work in Flower Mound and have several coworkers who rent at different apartments in Lewisville but in the same general area, off W Round Grove near 35/Vista Ridge Mall. I'm not sure the names of their complexes, but two are women who rent alone and have not expressed any concerns.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:04 AM

8 posts, read 8,887 times
I live in apartments by Vista Ridge Mall. Just recently moved here. I picked it site unseen because it was close to work and I don't want to spend hours each day in traffic (did that before - not worth it). I live in a "gated" apartment complex but I don't even have a code or badge to open the gate because at least one of the two near my apartment are always open. I have no issues or concerns about my safety in the area.

I would recommend Lewisville to anyone that works out this way (yes, even the young/single). I pay $1,100 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment and literally everything I could personally want is what I consider nearby.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM

249 posts, read 330,037 times
I second the VistaRidge area. That's where I lived when I first moved here for a job in Denton. However, currently I35 has some nasty traffic due to construction so you might want to check your usual route first if you can tolerate. Frisco is another good option. Riding tollway down to dallas and 380 to denton has less traffic

Old 05-19-2016, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,982 times
Thank you all so much. This is very helpful to me!

I had reservations about the Vista Ridge area, considering the large amount of apartment complexes, but now feel more comfortable. In that area, I am considering Abbey, Enclave, Westmount, and Limestone Ranch. If anyone has any specific complexes to recommend, please share!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas