Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:40 PM

104 posts, read 432,282 times

Advertisements

Are you satisfied with your bundled TWC services (phone, internet and cable)? Looking at all their options can be overwhelming. The area we are looking at shows TWC as the service provided for our needs.

We presently have bundled services from Comcast where we are now. However, but don't know if the bundled services are just as good in Texas.

All pros/cons greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,774 times
Trailing--

This is me yelling...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!! DON"T DO IT.

Seriously......TWC made me want to pull my hair out. I would NEVER wish their services upon anyone. It took us over 3 weeks to get a phone number (and we called 1 month PRIOR to moving). Cable service was a disater. I am pretty sure EVERYTHING that could go wrong on our account DID go wrong. We eventually switched to AT&T and have had zero issues.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:21 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,337 times
Yeah I have their service but only for the fact that they're the only service available. I get intermittent cable internet. It's fast but goes out frequently. Also, customer service is bad. I call in to make payments and I never realized that I was paying a cycle that was a month behind so every month I would get charged a $5 dollar late fee. When the bill finally got close to $100 dollars for a month I asked why. Lady tells me I get charged a late fee and if I look at my paper bill I would know that (I rarely bother with that, this a new age where I pay most of my bills online or some other way besides snail mail.) I tell her that's all fine and dandy but why hasn't anyone I've talked to the numerous other times I payed bothered to point that out to me? I'm just sayin if they had good customer service they could have told me about these charges. I've worked at restaurants and just because it's printed on the menu that there is an upcharge for certain items, I don't just assume the customer will recognize this, I always let them know up front. I guess I just have higher expectations.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,480,689 times
I was chatting with a friend today who has twc - everything including phone. It cut right out!! She had to call me back on her cell phone!! She is very frustrated with it and says she's switching to AT&T.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Tta

64 posts, read 223,157 times
I have cable and internet thru TWC and phone thru Vonage. No real issues dealing iwth internet or cable; it has gone out maybe for a few hours in the year that we've had it. As for billing, I pay online with my credit card to get a percentage back, and haven't ever had an issue with billing.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
TWC is a nighmare. If they offer Verizion Fios in your area.... that's the way to go!!! Much much more reliable and competitively priced.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Thank you all very much for your comments, you have helped me more than you know!

Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I was MORE THAN HAPPY to take them back their danged boxes. I HAD TO TAKE THEM TO THEM!!!! They will NOT come pick them up. You have to go stand in line to return them. I was not the only person standing in line to give them back to them.

I LOVE VERIZON FIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Before TWC bought Comcast, the service was infinitely better and the Customer Service was local. Once TWC came on the scene it was atrocious.

I have Verizon and my phone line was down from about 3:30AM Friday morning (I know this because of the screaming alarm going off) to today (Sat.) about 1PM. I spoke to Verizon and got the typical "it's an outage/maintenance in your area, should be fixed by morning." the other day. When I called yesterday afternoon because the service was still out (but cable and internet were fine) I got a credit to my account (crankiness from the alarm going off twice, the smoke detector chirping, not being able to call 911 and having a mid=night visit from the cops seemed to help me get my point across). Plus they had someone out here at 10AM to deal with the issue.

It reminded me of just what finally triggered my move from TWC to Verizon. 6 days without internet and daily calls being told "it's a problem in your area, we're working on it." Day 6 they confessed it was a problem with my line and it would be another week before they could come out to fix it. DH was on the other line with Verizon and they set an appointment for the following day to get us set up.

Last edited by MurphyPl1; 02-17-2008 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Atrocious spelling errors

Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM

Wow! What a mess. Thank you for sharing your experiences; I have had a couple undesirable ones here in Illinois.

Did I read some where that Verizon FIOS is not compatible with Windows Vista???????????

After many sleepless nights of hashing out pros and cons of our relocation issue, we think we will be some where in the Frisco area (not too far from 121).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas