Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times

Advertisements

Don't know if it's same outfit running the operation, but TX130 between Georgetown and Seguin has horrible billing. The booths don't all 'report' on the same schedule they told me. So part of the same day trip the length of the road may bill in different months. In my case, several months after the trip. Amazing to me that your debit card purchase can process in a matter of seconds over a HUGE network of banks/retailers, but the toll-road folks can't put together a better billing system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 02:54 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Don't know if it's same outfit running the operation, but TX130 between Georgetown and Seguin has horrible billing. The booths don't all 'report' on the same schedule they told me. So part of the same day trip the length of the road may bill in different months. In my case, several months after the trip. Amazing to me that your debit card purchase can process in a matter of seconds over a HUGE network of banks/retailers, but the toll-road folks can't put together a better billing system.
Why should they when they can put you over a barrel over "late fees" when you never got a first bill...and nobody will help you...the State doesn't care...and they make it a huge PITA to get those fees taken off?

Where's the incentive?

Old 06-16-2016, 06:41 PM

19,797 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Are you sure? Do you verify every single charge? 5*30 so approx. at least 150 line items a month?
Statistics.........from time to time, days when I know who was where if you will, I'll make notes and then look up the charges the next night. In my, clearly fallible as it is, opinion the system is close to perfect.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:54 AM

772 posts, read 936,100 times
The only time I ever have a problem with getting bills for tolls is when I get a bill in the mail, open it up, and see that my wife has racked up a month or two's worth of tolls because our old school plastic toll tag has fallen off her windshield and ended up underneath the seat and she never noticed.

Slap some new velcro on and it's good to go for another couple years.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 PM

551 posts, read 1,099,267 times
So what are you wanting to fight? Did you not drive on the toll roads for the dates you were billed? Or did you think that since you didn't get a bill it was going to be free? Sounds like you thought that since you had TN plates they wouldn't catch up to you but they did.

If you want to be bill periodically get your car correctly registered and setup a toll tag account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: