Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:25 PM

21 posts, read 40,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
how does this work?
google Energyogre.com

it's company that help you save on energy bills and get you a good rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 02:23 PM

212 posts, read 459,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
how does this work?
You pay $10 per month, send them your past utilization, and leave a credit card on file with them. They'll auto bill your card for the monthly fee as well as use the same credit card for auto bill pay with the utility provider they select.

On a pain scale of 1-10, its a 1 in terms of hassle and close to 10 in terms of ROI. I'm a big fan if for nothing else than I save money each and every month. My utility bills were never outrageously high to begin with, but money is money.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:39 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j86ant View Post
google Energyogre.com

it's company that help you save on energy bills and get you a good rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
You pay $10 per month, send them your past utilization, and leave a credit card on file with them. They'll auto bill your card for the monthly fee as well as use the same credit card for auto bill pay with the utility provider they select.

On a pain scale of 1-10, its a 1 in terms of hassle and close to 10 in terms of ROI. I'm a big fan if for nothing else than I save money each and every month. My utility bills were never outrageously high to begin with, but money is money.
thanks.

to everyone - how much do you actually save? reason i ask is because during winters my energy is always significantly under $100. do i need to spend $10 to save what $20?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:14 PM

49 posts, read 68,577 times
Winters will be tricky if you have gas since your electric bill will depends on what else you use it for. I have gas for heating and my electric bill was around 30$ for winter so your probably wont save much there unless you have plan with minimum usage required. A lot of folks dont read the fine print on the plans given out and thats where Energy Ogre will help you suggest best option based on your history. Frankly you could do this all yourself but as noted from previous post is hassle free for person as they can forget about it once signed up.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:20 PM

70 posts, read 131,781 times
Comparing my last April TXU (94.33) vs Energy Ogre (72.56) and May TXU (134.28) vs Energy Ogre (92.14). We have a 2,200 sf one-story.

Very hassle free and worth every penny for not having to figure out all the plans offered around Dallas.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:36 PM

631 posts, read 884,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrawl View Post
Winters will be tricky if you have gas since your electric bill will depends on what else you use it for. I have gas for heating and my electric bill was around 30$ for winter so your probably wont save much there unless you have plan with minimum usage required. A lot of folks dont read the fine print on the plans given out and thats where Energy Ogre will help you suggest best option based on your history. Frankly you could do this all yourself but as noted from previous post is hassle free for person as they can forget about it once signed up.
Is it easy to stop and start? Maybe you could just not use the service in the winter months of you do t have to sign a contract.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:31 AM

49 posts, read 68,577 times
Technically you could do that if you wanted to. For me I will see who it goes and probably do it on my own after 1 yr or so. For the folks who want ease of someone else doing this for you and changing their service providers without one having to spend a min, it might be worth the $10 a month. Hard to put value on convenience.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:40 AM

212 posts, read 459,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
Is it easy to stop and start? Maybe you could just not use the service in the winter months of you do t have to sign a contract.
I guess you could do this without the commitment, but honestly an extra $10/month isn't going to change my life and helps support a small business. I'm able to save and they are able to make a living, it's a fair trade off. This idea of using someone else's intellectual capital and then turning around and discontinuing the service after you've reaped the rewards is a shady practice at best and morally bankrupt at worst.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:49 AM

631 posts, read 884,286 times
I agree with what you two are saying. I'm probably going to sign my grandmother up for this tonight. She's on a month to month plan with Reliance and she's getting screwed over. Energy Ogre estimated savings over $500 a year using them (even with her having gas for heat), and I believe it based on the kWh rate she's paying. That's a good deal for minimal hassle.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:08 PM

80 posts, read 109,497 times
I wonder if this would work for those who only have one provider to use, i.e City of Garland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas