Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 10:48 AM

11 posts, read 43,158 times

Advertisements

The rest of Brinkmann Ranch between Preston--Coit--Eldorado--Main is slated for Urban center development (http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/DocumentC...Home/View/5426).

The link says that "Urban Centers will contain the highest intensity of development in Frisco. These centers will provide locations for both major corporations and their suppliers and smaller locally-based entities that desire a more urban environment.
While these centers will focus primarily on employment, they also offer a mix of higher-density housing, retail and entertainment choices in a scale that is walkable and encourages urban style living. This is a place type desired by millennial residents and emerging businesses".

I am new to this area and not sure if people like to live around urban centers or not because of traffic, cultural changes etc. I am trying to buy a home in the adjacent block (Coit--independence--Eldarodo--Main) and want to know how the planned urban center will affect the prices in future.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 01:52 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,819,475 times
Should have slim to no effect as if it was zoned to something else. Also please note that these are subject to change. This is a huge piece of land, a lot will be rezoned, 100% sure of that

Old 10-15-2016, 02:02 PM

7,892 posts, read 11,425,656 times
Every devloped of large land tracts in suburbans makes the same claims. When on th eedge of a city, you cant bank on getting the corporate entities short term when so much land is available near corporate offices already. Given its Dallas it very well happen on brinkman ranch. But to bet on it happening soon is high risk and a fools erand. Give it at least 5 years and more like 10 years to see if anything locates to this location. Its a long term proposition at best.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:06 PM

241 posts, read 382,406 times
I don't believe the land has even been sold yet, so I doubt it matters. I thought only small sections on the outer edges have been sold. You'll probably be in and out of your house by the time that's all developed or you may have to live there for several years to even find out.

There's all kinds of rumors about what they eventually want to have happen there when they sell it. Right now, it's been a single family homes and a small shopping center that are being built on the parcels of land Brinkmann has sold. Rumors are that when they sell the rest of the land, they want to establish a college campus or something there, and other rumors have them wanting a corporate campus or something. Who knows, but like I said, to my knowledge, they haven't even sold the land off yet.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:35 AM

7,892 posts, read 11,425,656 times
What the seller wants is essentially not relevant. What the buyers, users or the market want I'd and they have a lot of options. Lots of better located competition for everything they seem to want. Ask this again in a decade when this property is more ripe as better located projects build and sell out.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:26 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,347,816 times
How can it be an "urban center" if it's in Frisco?

More ad-speak.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:57 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,272,033 times
"This is a place type desired by millennial residents and emerging businesses".

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: