Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:51 AM

69 posts, read 60,834 times

Advertisements

Yes it's me.and I explain before why I posting in deferent places.
As I said I working now in very famous international hotel chain and this company allow for its employees to transfer between the its hotels around the world.this chain located in Canada and most of their hotels in the USA sometimes three hotels in one state.
So that once I told them that I have legal visa to USA and I'm leaving they offer to help me by find transfer for one of the hotels in US.i applied for more than 9 hotels in Orlando,new York,Los Angeles, Chicago, Scottsdale, Austin.......some of them declined me and sometimes I do because I found it the location is not suitable for me like New York it was very expensive for me and for my family with average salary 11 $ per hour.so I declined.
So I was asking for help in deferent froum to decide the best location. Based on your information and help.
But now finally thanks God I got confirmed that I already get hired in Dallas and I'm preparing myself now to travel in August.Dallas was the best option they given me.
I hope you understand why I posted in deferent places and thank you for every one help in Arizona ,Austin,New York l,Los angles and finally in Irving, Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 10:54 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
The pay you will have is too low for an apartment in Las Colinas. However, nearby is North Irving zip code 75062 and central Irving in zip code 75061 with apartments for lower rent. You will need to check the bus schedule to be sure, but most local buses will travel near MacArthur. There are a few safe extended stay hotels near MacArthur but they are not cheap.

Please note that most apartments require your monthly gross income (before taxes) to be 2-3 times your monthly rent. At 7.75/hour for a 40 hour week, your gross monthly pay is about $1334 and so the most anyone would approve you for would be about $440 - $660/month. This is going to be very difficult. You will need to prove that your tips are a significant part of your income and have some proof to show that. Perhaps you have your prior tax returns where you claimed the income you made from gratuities? If you don't have proof of income from tips, it could be very hard getting an apartment over the $440-660 based on your income.

These are about the cheapest apartment you will find near to your job; you could probably ride a bicycle there. Go to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and buy a bicycle. Or look on Craigslist.

https://www.apartments.com/macarthur...ng-tx/62m8sts/

https://www.apartments.com/village-s...ng-tx/rdl16d1/

Last edited by WorldKlas; 06-23-2017 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-23-2017, 08:23 PM

Thank you.i can't proof tips right now as I didn't start my work.but is there any other way.i can pay extra deposit or bring bank statement.or find co.signer friend.but this friend is outside Texas ?is it work?

Old 06-23-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Sallam View Post
Thank you.i can't proof tips right now as I didn't start my work.but is there any other way.i can pay extra deposit or bring bank statement.or find co.signer friend.but this friend is outside Texas ?is it work?
Out of Texas co-signers will not work because our State cannot enforce judgements against out of state co-signers. However, if you have lots of money in the bank and can also provide extra security deposit, you may find a leasing office who gives credit for those things. You probably should phone a few apartment complexes that seem to have reasonable rental rates and simply explain what your financial situation is.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:17 PM

134 posts, read 139,540 times
Quote:
Come on people, don't engage in this nonsense.

A "world famous hotel chain" is willing to move him and his family from one country to the US but the job offer only pays $7.70 an hour? Oh and plus tips?

REALLY? In and Out burger pays around $12 an hour.

Let's pretend he's being serious...why isn't the hotel chain hooking him up with either a suite to live in for a bit or a better salary? Isn't minimum wage $7.25 or something?

Let's do basic math:

$8 an hour * 40 hours a week * 52 weeks a year = $16,640 a year. (without taking out taxes or adding in these massive tips).

Lets assume the average price of a 1 bedroom in the north Irving/Las Colinas area is $1000 just for rent.

$1000 * 12 = $12000

$16,640 (salary without taxes) - $12000 apartment rent (without paying for water, electric and food) = $4640 a year to live....or less than $400 a month. (again, no taxes or utilities factored in).

I don't know if OP is trying to be a bored kid or if he's serious? If OP is for real...demand at least $20 an hour, guaranteed 40 hours a week before leaving home.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:31 PM

The hotel chain didn't offered me to come to USA. I'm the one who win the lottery visa and to guarantee a job I applied for transfer from my current hotel to many others hotels in US then finally I get approved in Dallas.
My job is basically depends on tips not the salary.thays why the salary is low.but according to some research the tips is good .
I had to accept the offer .as I have no choice and I will bring with me my wife and 2 young kids .I'm not a doctor or engineering to find a job with high salary .so if I didn't accept that offer I will work for another employer by almost same salary or a bit more.so I thought better stay with my current hotel chain at least they offer medical insurance for me and my family and possibility for promotion.
And finally they offer me to help finding apartment.
One more thing I forgot to say that it's a possibility to make overtime each hour =one hour and half

Old 06-24-2017, 05:00 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Supporting a family of 4 on $7.75 hourly (even including tips and overtime) is virtually impossible. You will be living below the federal poverty guideline. Winning the visa lottery only guarantees you entry into the country. You will have to pay your own way here: food, rent, transportation, and medical care. None of these things are cheap. As an immigrant, you are not eligible for government assistance such as food stamps. If you can't pay your bills, you will be thrown out of your apartment and could literally end up homeless and living on the street.

Please take that into consideration before you make your final decision to move to the USA.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:36 AM

I am the child of a Holocaust survivor. People who have not been exposed to the desperation to get to a safe place don't understand that the fear of eviction, scrounging for food, or sleeping on the floor is not as insurmountable as the fear of never getting a chance to ever change one's living conditions. People migrate to places on the globe all the time with only the clothes on their backs and the deep seated need to give their families a chance for a better life.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Supporting a family of 4 on $7.75 hourly (even including tips and overtime) is virtually impossible. You will be living below the federal poverty guideline. Winning the visa lottery only guarantees you entry into the country. You will have to pay your own way here: food, rent, transportation, and medical care. None of these things are cheap. As an immigrant, you are not eligible for government assistance such as food stamps. If you can't pay your bills, you will be thrown out of your apartment and could literally end up homeless and living on the street.

Please take that into consideration before you make your final decision to move to the USA.
I think $7.75+ $1000-$1500 /month .it will be fine enough.by the way I'm eligible for food stamps and section8

Old 06-24-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I think $7.75+ $1000-$1500 /month .it will be fine enough.by the way I'm eligible for food stamps and section8
Well my parents came to this country and the Red Cross helped them find a place and they got all their furniture from the Salvation Army. Some volunteer community groups also helped provide basics. They were so happy to be here and wanted to build a life as contributing citizens. They never took one penny of public benefits. And every July 4th/Independance Day they stood in front of the TV and re-pledged allegiance to their new home country along with the swearing in ceremony of new citizens.

They would NEVER consider stealing resources from the taxpayers in this country by taking benefits they had not contributed to such as section 8 or food stamps. That kind of behavior, they knew, was offensive to the Americans who were generous to provide them safe harbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: