Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 PM

8 posts, read 14,101 times

Advertisements

If you read my previous thread, I asked about Carroll High School but the house fell through a while back and now my daughter will be attending Justin Wakeland High School in Frisco Dallas Fort Worth area. She just wants to know the teen pop culture and what kinds of clothes and stuff they wear. Also, what is the school like and how strict is their dress code? Thank you in advance(:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 10:09 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...n-clothes.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...l#post39100949
links to my previous threads for more background information

Old 05-12-2015, 08:09 AM

58 posts, read 84,710 times
That's a huge compromise to go from Carroll High to Wake Land High. Why?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:52 AM

We didn't find another house in the carroll school district

Old 05-12-2015, 10:15 AM

787 posts, read 1,223,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccersky View Post
We didn't find another house in the carroll school district
FWIW, Wakeland is probably the FISD HS most similar to Carroll in terms of student culture & demographics. Doesn't mean they're the same, but probably the closest you'll get out of the FISD schools. I would think you're fine applying many of the same suggestions people made about Carroll. Since we're not talking about another state or different metro area, there are not regional differences & Wakeland is also a relatively affluent school.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:21 AM

207 posts, read 275,416 times
Quote:
If you read my previous thread, I asked about Carroll High School but the house fell through a while back and now my daughter will be attending Justin Wakeland High School in Frisco Dallas Fort Worth area. She just wants to know the teen pop culture and what kinds of clothes and stuff they wear. Also, what is the school like and how strict is their dress code? Thank you in advance(:
Sorry, I can't help you on the attire/dress code for this school but be sure to double check this site to make sure you will be in Wakeland or if it changes after a year

Frisco Zoning

Quote:
Reedy High School, 3003 Stonebrook Parkway, will open with ninth and tenth graders to primarily relieve Frisco High School. Wakeland High School will need relief as well.
Quote:
Memorial High School will open in 2017 at the northeast corner of Eldorado Parkway and Frisco Street. It is intended to relieve Heritage, Lone Star and Wakeland high schools.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dch526 View Post
Sorry, I can't help you on the attire/dress code for this school but be sure to double check this site to make sure you will be in Wakeland or if it changes after a year

Frisco Zoning
Wow, didn't know about Memorial HS. I knew about Reedy and Lebanon Trail which are currently under construction. That will make (if I am counting right) ten high schools in Frisco. Compare that with three in Plano with twice the population and three in McKinney with a similar population. That's too many in my book.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM

58 posts, read 84,710 times
Actually they'll add another one in 2019 at Northwest corner of Stacy Road and Collin McKinney Parkway. This year's projections were about 80,000 students in ISD by the time Frisco is totally built out. We'll need more elementary and middle schools and rezonning until district finds its balance.

I'm happy that my children go to a private school but I'm concerned about tax increase and school zones at every intersection. It takes 20 minutes to even reach 121 from my house and then highway hell takes 40 minutes.

Last edited by NobodyNowhere; 05-12-2015 at 02:15 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch526 View Post

Frisco Zoning
when will they know the new zones for the new high schools? would my daughter have to change schools when she is a sophomore?

Old 05-12-2015, 02:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,854 times
Quote:
when will they know the new zones for the new high schools? would my daughter have to change schools when she is a sophomore?
That's the risk you run in Frisco vs an established district. Not saying it's a bad or good decision; it is simply a facet of the decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas