Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 PM

42 posts, read 182,826 times

Advertisements

What can you all tell me about them? Very nicehomes near Joe Pool Lake. I have heard of alot of forclosures, a fire that happened years ago, and bad foundation....can anyone confirm if this stuff has been taken care of and how is it presently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 23,593 times
Foreclosure? It's rampant everywhere, especially at Little Elm, ouch.
Dallas-Fort Worth Foreclosures for 2007
Fire? It happens, especially when people have their property insured for an astronomical amount, bought to much home that they could not afford the payments.
Bad Foundation? Just buy property that is not on top of an escarpment area.

Now for the positives, Loop 9 is going to be built. It will help alleviate traffic from I-67, and offer a faster route to I-35, I-75 and other Interstates.
Dallas, and Ft. Worth are currently trying to put out of business many of the polluters in Midlothian. Plus, you can't find 1 acre homeites anywhere else, that are that close all major attractions in the Metroplex.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM

113 posts, read 439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
What can you all tell me about them? Very nicehomes near Joe Pool Lake. I have heard of alot of forclosures, a fire that happened years ago, and bad foundation....can anyone confirm if this stuff has been taken care of and how is it presently?
North Texas has very expansive soils so the chances of having foundation problems is very high. If you buy a home find one that was constructed with this in mind,(i.e. engineered piers to bedrock)
As far as lake ridge goes, Lake Ridge has the worst soil. This is a man made lake. The closer you are to the water the probability of having issues is greater. There are some ares around Lake Ridge that are higher up and more solid. There have been many homes with foundation issues, blame that on the construction and soil conditions. IMO- some builders lack the knowledge of building the proper foundation for the area. There are many foreclosures in the area, lots of Mc Mansions. IMO- I think some people live beyond their means. Probably don't account for the high utilities,taxes, or up keep.
As far as being taken care of, I don't think it can. Things happen in life and the only thing you can be sure of is that things will happen.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,969 times
There are 133 homes on the market in Lake Ridge and about 50 of them are foreclosures. Many of them don't seem to have a foundation problem, that certainly isn't the reason for the foreclosure though.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas