Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 03:54 PM

35 posts, read 276,624 times

Advertisements

Am I crazy to consider living near the corner of George Bush/Dallas North Tollway and commuting into Parkland in the mornings? I guess this area is technically Carrollton/Addison. I have been told to avoid the tollway if at all possible secondary to traffic and $$ and have been advised that taking George Bush around and avoiding 35/635 as much as possible is the right thing to do?

My other location I'm considering is Valley Ranch, which I love the area and surroundings, it just seems the houses don't have as much character as some of the homes in Carrollton/Addison?

Of NOTE: I would be arriving to work around 7:15/30, so I may avoid the huge major traffic jams, right?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 04:08 PM

937 posts, read 2,906,160 times
The tollway shouldn't be too bad that early in the morning. What kind of commute time are you hoping for?

Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
You can not get to Parkland from ANYWHERE in the Dallas Metroplex by taking the George Bush Turnpike aka 190. It is also a tollroad just like the Dallas North Tollway so I don't know where you got that it would save you money. Both use the Tolltag which I HIGHLY recommend. I'd take the tollroad ANYDAY over most other highways.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,021,576 times
Getting to work at before 7:30 will be a huge help. I say live were you want to live but if your schedule every changes be prepared for gridlock.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:26 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaughron View Post
My other location I'm considering is Valley Ranch, which I love the area and surroundings, it just seems the houses don't have as much character as some of the homes in Carrollton/Addison?
Thanks!
Have you looked at Las Colinas in University Hills (see realtor.com zip 75062)? It is accessible from O'Connor & 114 from the north side or from I635 or 114 by going south on MacArthur to Northgate, turn left on Northgate and left again at Rochelle. This would keep you within 5-10 minutes of both Las Colinas' and Valley Ranch's conveniences and would also give you a short 15-30 minute commute to downtown Dallas on 114/183 -- without a tollway!

University Hills is a beautiful treed, hilly area with several different architectural home types, ones definitely with a character all their own and with a huge park/duck pond area. Here is the Las Colinas Association website where you can pull up University Hills info by going to the Village Association Info tab.

See The Las Colinas Association

Also, note that the Dart Orange Rail line expansion from downtown Dallas into Las Colinas is scheduled for 2011 with further expansion all the way to DFW Airport in 2013.

See DART.org - Orange Line Expansion Information

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-26-2008 at 07:22 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM

35 posts, read 276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpepping View Post
The tollway shouldn't be too bad that early in the morning. What kind of commute time are you hoping for?
Ideally i'd keep it < 30 min at that time of day, with < 45 going home in the evenings. Interesting thought on Both 190 and tollroad being tolls, never thought about that. Thanks for the info, all.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 PM

11 posts, read 58,035 times
Default Commute to ParkLand Info

The Commute will be easy from Las Colinas/Irving/Valley Ranch/Addison & Carrollton. If you're used to getting up and going before 8am. You won't have any problems.

You're right about the homes in Carrollton/Addison Areas. They do seem to have more character since they're a little older than the ones in Valley Ranch and Las Colinas.

There are many Great HomeBuying Deals available in Carrollton as well.

Happy to Assist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas