Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:42 AM

6,696 posts, read 9,950,228 times

Advertisements

Ummmm....aren’t malls dying though, due to online retailers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 09:58 AM

419 posts, read 553,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
Thank you for the info. Yes TIA's are a requirement for almost every project
. I have yet to see any developer bring a true HEC analysis.

So the developer gets off cheaper and makes more money, and we the taxpayer pick up the burden, explains everything.
Not really. The impact fees are pretty hefty and can be used to do large-scale improvements that actually improve congestion as opposed to a piece-meal turn lane or signal timing improvements here and there.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:44 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times
Great. First the INDIANS took over Frisco, and now the CHINESE.

Also, Frisco should chance its name to TRAFFIC, Texas.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:12 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post

Frisco's traffic is rage-inducing. I don't see how people stand it up there.

I'm concerned about the amount of US debt the Chinese are holding...they've already hollowed out manufacturing here and US companies are handing their trade secrets to them as the cost of doing business there...and Chinese manufacturers brazenly steal that technology and put out cheaper versions. And we just lie down and let them do it.

Don't even get me started on China's human rights record.

It's impossible to entirely avoid Chinese-made goods, but I'm still conscious about what I buy and where it's made. I avoid buying Chinese goods whenever possible. It's eye-opening just how much Chinese money has penetrated every facet of the US economy.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:22 AM

371 posts, read 553,998 times
Well first, the White man took over America and killed all the INDIANS!

What goes around comes around - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post

Old 09-24-2018, 07:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayTexan View Post
Well first, the White man took over America and killed all the INDIANS!

What goes around comes around - Karma
How is it karma when it's Indians (from India) "conquering" an area that they think was wrongfully stolen from Native Americans (not "Indians") in the first place? Smells more like hypocrisy to me.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 AM

487 posts, read 467,862 times
Wonder if the tariffs will impede on the development of this project? IMO Frisco is rubber stamping projects with BIG price tags regardless of it's residents. Not sure how Money Magazine named Frisco, TX the number one city to live in except it paid for the title.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:20 AM

371 posts, read 553,998 times
Thanks for your condescension. I know the difference between Native Americans and Indians. If you don't have a sense of humor, then that's not my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
How is it karma when it's Indians (from India) "conquering" an area that they think was wrongfully stolen from Native Americans (not "Indians") in the first place? Smells more like hypocrisy to me.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:05 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,902 times
If one ethnic group outstands at something from another. We can't simply blame them for the lack of our own efforts.

Quote:
Frisco's traffic is rage-inducing. I don't see how people stand it up there.

I'm concerned about the amount of US debt the Chinese are holding...they've already hollowed out manufacturing here and US companies are handing their trade secrets to them as the cost of doing business there...and Chinese manufacturers brazenly steal that technology and put out cheaper versions. And we just lie down and let them do it.

Don't even get me started on China's human rights record.

It's impossible to entirely avoid Chinese-made goods, but I'm still conscious about what I buy and where it's made. I avoid buying Chinese goods whenever possible. It's eye-opening just how much Chinese money has penetrated every facet of the US economy.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 AM

630 posts, read 658,160 times
Quote:
Great, more ways for the Chinese to make money off us. Think about it...they're going to not only own manufacturing but own the commercial real estate to facilitate the sale of what they manufacture.
Oh the horrors. Foreigners bringing their cash and spending it and hiring locally..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas