Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 04:37 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,821 times

Advertisements

If you want a college town feel in Texas, a place like College Station/Bryan or maybe even Lubbock would be a better fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 05:05 PM

989 posts, read 2,442,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
I've been to Columbia--outside of Mizzou there isn't a whole lot there. What about a slightly bigger, but still smaller city in the South? Tulsa, Knoxville, Little Rock, etc? Probably more your speed.
This recommendation makes sense to me. Personally would skip Little Rock though.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:10 PM

468 posts, read 475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Welcome to Texas......
Pick one of the smaller towns close to DFW area.
Prices are lower, and I'm guessing as an insurance adjuster you can work from anywhere.
Someplace like Gainesville, Decatur, Granbury, Midlothian, Waco, West, Greenville, Commerce might be a nice fit for you.
Yeah, if you're from a big state like TX that suggestion may make sense if you're really on a budget. But if you're from CT an insurance adjuster likely has a 30 minute commute to Hartford or similar job hub. Greenville would likely be like commuting from Massachusetts. Might as well go to Gainesville, FL. Go Gators.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:29 PM

37 posts, read 44,905 times
I am currently in Texas looking at relocating. Cost of living is significantly lower in Missouri is what we are seeing. DFW, and Austin Texas areas tend to be pricey maybe look into the Houston Suburbs or if you can go even smaller I can direct you to some coastal towns. I'd check indeed and see what areas have work that you are looking for.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:31 PM

37 posts, read 44,905 times
Oh wait. Are you referring to the state of Texas or Texas County in Missouri?

Old 11-29-2018, 10:34 AM

11 posts, read 25,448 times
Odd to pick a specific town in Missouri and then compare/contrast it to the entire state of Texas. Be more specific.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:08 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
OP us cost of living and good place to live as well look at Nashville TN your focus on Texas and Columbia for reasons not totally clear to me leave out a great place in low cost Tennessee.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:27 PM

5 posts, read 4,362 times
Thank you all for the input and advices,
I have researched all my options and I have narrowed my search down to 2states. Omaha Nebraska or K MO or Columbia, MO.
I have been to both states, I even attended the university of Nebraska at Omaha for a year before transferring to Connecticut. By education I have a degree in computer science but also about 4years of auto insurance. I will apply for jobs in both states and where the better offer will present that where I will go.

Thank you all,

Old 12-16-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1corinth13 View Post
I am currently in Texas looking at relocating. Cost of living is significantly lower in Missouri is what we are seeing. DFW, and Austin Texas areas tend to be pricey maybe look into the Houston Suburbs or if you can go even smaller I can direct you to some coastal towns. I'd check indeed and see what areas have work that you are looking for.
Thank you for the input, we have decided to opt out of Texas entirely. We have directed our attention to Omaha NE or KC MO or Columbia MO.

Hopefully jobs will present in either one of those places

Old 12-16-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
Yeah, if you're from a big state like TX that suggestion may make sense if you're really on a budget. But if you're from CT an insurance adjuster likely has a 30 minute commute to Hartford or similar job hub. Greenville would likely be like commuting from Massachusetts. Might as well go to Gainesville, FL. Go Gators.
Yes I currently commute 35 minutes to my current insurance job, we decided to take Texas out and head to the Midwest. We do have family in Missouri KC areas and Oregon. Family in KC are in Lees Summit and if we move to KC area we are trying to at least be 30minutes or more away from them.
Our pick now is between Omaha, Columbia or KC area. Jobs will determine final destination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas