Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 10:38 AM

8 posts, read 21,171 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are relocating to Frisco in the next couple of months and are considering buying a new construction at the Grove.

Our thoughts:
1. We like that its very close to the four corners which will help my wife as she has options to look for jobs in Frisco, Prosper, Plano, Allen and Mckinney without a crazy commute.
2. The location is close to 121 and equidistant from 75 and DNT for commute downtown (I know most people in the forum will balk at the commute, but my hours are off-peak so most cases should be a 35-45 min commute)
3. The community has exits on Independence, Main St and Custer Rd which makes most of the day-day chores max 5 mins from home (groceries, gas, elementary schools, shopping, dining - most of these are on the corner of 121 and custer rd)
4. The builders seem to be highly reputable (Highland, Drees, Southgate and American Legend). We seem to be narrowing down on American Legend.. any insights on this builder.

We also looked at Shaddock Estates and Edgestone. We didnt like the location of Shaddock Estates (further from 121) and Edgestone, the only builder at our pricepoint was Village builders (Lennar) and we seem to like the quality of American Legend more.

Coming from out of state, our logic above may be flawed.. any thoughts/insights will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 10:50 AM

207 posts, read 207,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostar View Post
Hi,

We are relocating to Frisco in the next couple of months and are considering buying a new construction at the Grove.

Our thoughts:
1. We like that its very close to the four corners which will help my wife as she has options to look for jobs in Frisco, Prosper, Plano, Allen and Mckinney without a crazy commute.
2. The location is close to 121 and equidistant from 75 and DNT for commute downtown (I know most people in the forum will balk at the commute, but my hours are off-peak so most cases should be a 35-45 min commute)
3. The community has exits on Independence, Main St and Custer Rd which makes most of the day-day chores max 5 mins from home (groceries, gas, elementary schools, shopping, dining - most of these are on the corner of 121 and custer rd)
4. The builders seem to be highly reputable (Highland, Drees, Southgate and American Legend). We seem to be narrowing down on American Legend.. any insights on this builder.

We also looked at Shaddock Estates and Edgestone. We didnt like the location of Shaddock Estates (further from 121) and Edgestone, the only builder at our pricepoint was Village builders (Lennar) and we seem to like the quality of American Legend more.

Coming from out of state, our logic above may be flawed.. any thoughts/insights will be appreciated.
The location is excellent and it is close many corporate companies.

Just make sure to bargain for better price as market is softening. There are many quick move in homes in lexington, edgestone, emory park, shaddock homes etc. L are very close to grove. Make sure you check those as well. You will get better deal.

For build jobs, builders are going below base price 20k to 30k less. Make sure to bargain. If you dont want north face they will reduce further.

Good luck. I wish you find best one.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:25 PM

Thanks a lot! Does anyone have any insight into American Legend. I was unable to find much information online.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:37 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,338,834 times
Well, as a long time Dallasite I have to say naming a fancy new subdivision "The Grove" is pretty tone deaf.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,414,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostar View Post
Hi,

Our thoughts:

Go for it. Seems like you have already done your research properly. You will have a little longer commute to work but in return a better neighborhood, school system and a new construction home. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 AM

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are finalizing the grove in Frisco

Old 02-18-2019, 09:46 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,124,894 times
I agree with other poster that said to negotiate. A builder accepted $450k on a Frisco house that was listed for $525k. He said it was over 4000 sq feet. It was a little over $1k/sq ft.

I don't remember the subdivision name. He may have left money on the table. I wonder if he could have lowballed them more.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:44 PM

9 posts, read 18,885 times
Default Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
I agree with other poster that said to negotiate. A builder accepted $450k on a Frisco house that was listed for $525k. He said it was over 4000 sq feet. It was a little over $1k/sq ft.

I don't remember the subdivision name. He may have left money on the table. I wonder if he could have lowballed them more.
That's Fantastic!!.We are also looking to book a lot in Summer or in Aug at most to move in Summer of 2020. We are looking for any communities near Richwoods. I didnt like the Emery Park and Normandy Homes. Except that rest is fine. I did like the Darling Homes.Any inputs. We are looking for 4 bed /4 1/2 baths . Atleast 3500 sq ft.3 car garage and not at tandem. Good Schools is a must.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:18 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,414,285 times
For that price range around 600k. Why don't you want to check out the Edgewood community on Coit Rd? They have Toll Brothers, Meritage Homes and South Gate.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:25 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, as a long time Dallasite I have to say naming a fancy new subdivision "The Grove" is pretty tone deaf.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas