Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 03:55 PM

17 posts, read 17,230 times

Advertisements

So looks like I may have an opportunity to be transferred to Arlington at the end of this year and I’m in the preliminary stages of seeing if the move may be worth it/planning it out. I’ve been using a combination of Apartments.com, Yelp, and Google to get an idea of places to live but unfortunately most places have had negative reviews (which I feel is the nature of the beast when looking online sometimes). Does anybody have any recommendations? I would be working in 76011 so preferably in that area but if I have to go a bit further out to get something better I don’t mind it either. I am mid 20s, single and no kids and I’m preferably trying to stay under $1600 (can be a one or two bedroom, I’m not married to either one whichever is the best deal and area).

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 05:09 PM

2,510 posts, read 2,212,124 times
Since you're single I'd either try to find a place you like off of 30 so you can easily go to Dallas or Fort Worth for nightlife. There are some nice complexes off of Green Oaks near there. Downton Arlington is also fun and is experiencing a resurgence. Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since I lived in an Arlington so I don't have specific suggestions.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:28 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,485,120 times
I wouldn’t live in Arlington a lot of the apartments there are crime ridden. If you’re open to a commute there are a lot of nice apartments going up in North Oak Cliff in Dallas around the Bishop Arts District. That would be a very reasonable reverse commute and you’d be in a far better neighborhood with a lot of 20 something young professionals as neighbors.

https://novelbishoparts.com/?utm_sou...medium=organic

Downtown or Deep Ellum would be a little further but you’d still have easy access to I-30 and be closer to amenities.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:32 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,340,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I wouldn’t live in Arlington a lot of the apartments there are crime ridden. If you’re open to a commute there are a lot of nice apartments going up in North Oak Cliff in Dallas around the Bishop Arts District. That would be a very reasonable reverse commute and you’d be in a far better neighborhood with a lot of 20 something young professionals as neighbors.

Downtown or Deep Ellum would be a little further but you’d still have easy access to I-30 and be closer to amenities.
that’s really off base and as bad an exaggeration as the remarks you react to about South Dallas.

There are TONS of lovely apartments in Arlington and in low crime areas.

However, due to OP’s age, I recommend the area off 360 near DFW airport in the area known as Centreport for its young professional vibe.

https://www.apartments.com/camden-ce...th-tx/9mz2ys7/

Last edited by WorldKlas; 02-12-2020 at 07:45 PM..

Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 PM

80 posts, read 73,344 times
I second North Oak Cliff. Also check out Trinity Groves (Commerce St./Sylvan). Newer apartments (I was the first to rent my unit). Lots to do. Reverse commute to your work location.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:53 AM

2,510 posts, read 2,212,124 times
FYI, a lot of Dallas posters are anti-Arlington with little actual Arlington knowledge or experience besides driving through the city or attending an event at Jerry World or a baseball game. I lived there until recently for 10 years and still visit the city regularly.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:57 AM

1,844 posts, read 831,112 times
North Arlington apartments are very hit and miss. I've cycled or walked around all of them a couple of times and meet some nice people and also seen some of the downsides. Other then the apartments close to Levitt pavilion near UTA most of what you'll see is older apartments with a large mix of residents. The apartments close to Riverside golf course and 360 are still mostly nice and well keep. If I wasn't so desperate to living close to River Legacy Centreport would have been my next choose. Having the commuter rail that takes you straight into downtown Fort Worth & Dallas along with 360, 183 & GBT (161) being close by would be nice.
There are some nicer apartments off of Green Oaks between Collins & Ballpark.
360 in both directions is not fun.
If you plan on staying south of UTA usually West of Cooper St is nicer.

Last edited by TheProtege; 02-13-2020 at 08:06 AM..

Old 02-13-2020, 11:55 AM

625 posts, read 666,373 times
Arlington is not generally considered a hotbed for the young professionals - that said I have heard nice things about downtown Arlington's rebound.

https://downtownarlington.org/visit/eat-and-drink

Personally, I'd live in Bishop Arts.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post

Yea I was wondering how bad the commute would be, I wasn’t sure if 30 was one of those highways that always has traffic making it bad to get to work every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliza View Post
I second North Oak Cliff. Also check out Trinity Groves (Commerce St./Sylvan). Newer apartments (I was the first to rent my unit). Lots to do. Reverse commute to your work location.
Thanks. Looked at some of these and also looked in the Kessler area, I’ve also noticed it seems like a bunch of apartments don’t come with W/D but just the hookups. Do you have to supply your own or is it one of those things where the complex will rent them to you? Definitely happy to hear it is a reverse commute as stated above it’s only about 15 miles

Old 02-13-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
North Arlington apartments are very hit and miss. I've cycled or walked around all of them a couple of times and meet some nice people and also seen some of the downsides. Other then the apartments close to Levitt pavilion near UTA most of what you'll see is older apartments with a large mix of residents. The apartments close to Riverside golf course and 360 are still mostly nice and well keep. If I wasn't so desperate to living close to River Legacy Centreport would have been my next choose. Having the commuter rail that takes you straight into downtown Fort Worth & Dallas along with 360, 183 & GBT (161) being close by would be nice.
There are some nicer apartments off of Green Oaks between Collins & Ballpark.
360 in both directions is not fun.
If you plan on staying south of UTA usually West of Cooper St is nicer.
Thanks for the lay of the land. I gathered many were older from just browsing but seems a good portion have been renovated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
that’s really off base and as bad an exaggeration as the remarks you react to about South Dallas.

There are TONS of lovely apartments in Arlington and in low crime areas.

However, due to OP’s age, I recommend the area off 360 near DFW airport in the area known as Centreport for its young professional vibe.

https://www.apartments.com/camden-ce...th-tx/9mz2ys7/
Thanks I will check out Centreport as well. Definitely good to know as the poster stated above that there is rail access to and from both Dallas and Fort Worth. Is aircraft noise bad given the proximity to the DFW airport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas