Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Upcoming school year
Virtual 34 47.89%
In-person 37 52.11%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 07:29 AM

236 posts, read 155,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
LOL What a joke. You just said that school won't be canceled for the upcoming year due to a property tax issue and like always now you're backpedaling.
Ok I guess I have to walk you through it. I believe they should cancel school until further notice. As of today maybe they push it to October 1 to see where we are in a vaccine. I don’t believe they will because of money which was my first point when I posted. Instead they will start on time or maybe a
Couple weeks later with virtual which is worthless.

You posted that they never ever cancel school which was wrong. They have before as proven.

There literally was no backpedaling at all.

SO when you said "School will never be canceled" and then Alvarado ISD CANCELLED school Mar 12 and 13 (1 of many examples) what did you mean by using the word "never"? At what point did "never" mean the same thing as "some of the time"?

Last edited by CHRockwell; 07-18-2020 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I just can’t with you. I had to google Gov. Lamont - who I have never heard of since Connecticut is 1900 miles from Texas and NOT RELEVANT TO DALLAS.
You said they never cancel school or alluded to nobody ever cancels school. Other states did which is why I posted that and then of course listed numerous examples of TX schools being cancelled which of course you ignored because it proves how wrong you were again.

Feel free to disregard Lamont which was only posted to show it was also done in other states.

Typical to ignore the many other posts that prove you were wrong and grab onto the one that also proves you wrong but shows an example
Of another state doing the same thing.

ETA: BTW if you knew how to use "google" you would have never said nobody cancelled school since you can use "google" to figure out numerous DFW ISDs who cancelled school from between 1 day to multiple weeks. It is quite ironic that you posted about the tool that could have helped you avoid the mistake to begin with.

SO when you said "School was not cancelled last spring." and then Alvarado ISD CANCELLED school Mar 12 and 13 (1 of many examples) what do you call that?

Oh and for good measure https://www.pisd.edu/Page/22415

From that article: As a precaution, we are closing schools for one week beyond spring break. That is called cancelled. I can post definition of cancelled again if you missed it.

Last edited by CHRockwell; 07-18-2020 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-18-2020, 07:40 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,241,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRockwell View Post
Ok I guess I have to walk you through it. I believe they should cancel school until further notice. As of today maybe they push it to October 1 to see where we are in a vaccine. I don’t believe they will because of money which was my first point when I posted. Instead they will start on time or maybe a
Couple weeks later with virtual which is worthless.

You posted that they never ever cancel school which was wrong. They have before as proven.

There literally was no backpedaling at all.

SO when you said "School will never be canceled" and then Alvarado ISD CANCELLED school Mar 12 and 13 (1 of many examples) what did you mean by using the word "never"? At what point did "never" mean the same thing as "some of the time"?

It's truly amazing that even you do not understand your own comments LOL.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:47 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,241,982 times
Quote:
Ok I guess I have to walk you through it. what did you mean by using the word "never"? At what point did "never" mean the same thing as "some of the time"?

Since you said "never"...

Quote:
The reason this is about money is because if they postpone or cancel school there will be lawsuit after lawsuit because of property taxes.

If you (they) believe that school is not safe and they feel the actual education is truly important, then the "right" thing to do is cancel school until further notice (postpone for a year or maybe 6 months), which will never happen due to what I wrote above.

Now, I bolded your exact words, but as per your MO, now you'll attempt to change the definition of words into something they are not to try and prove a point, ie, backpedaling.

(Funny how you then posted a bunch of links proving schools were canceled to TC80, but here you're saying that will never happen...? Are you a broken bot?)

Old 07-18-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Since you said "never"...

Now, I bolded your exact words, but as per your MO, now you'll attempt to change the definition of words into something they are not to try and prove a point, ie, backpedaling.

(Funny how you then posted a bunch of links proving schools were canceled to TC80, but here you're saying that will never happen...? Are you a broken bot?)
Why didn't you bold the whole sentence where it says for a year or 6 months? Because that is the clarifying factor which is the pertinent information to me saying they would never do it.

Had you asked me if I felt or believe they would/will cancel school for a couple weeks I would have said yes that is possible. For 6 months or a year? Not a chance IMO.

Again I'll simplify as much as I can.

IMO if a person believes that in person school is unsafe and they also understand that the virtual system is worthless then the "right" thing to do would be to cancel school indefinitely.

IMO they will never cancel school indefinitely, such as per my example above a couple posts later, to say "We are cancelling school indefinitely and will reassess on Oct 1."

That won't happen due to money.

The most I can see them doing is saying we will cancel school for 2 weeks which they did before.

Sorry you didn't get that.

Unfortunately you didn't use a clarifying statement in your posts responding to mine. You made the all encompassing statement of "School will never be cancelled." That means for a day, a week, a month, or a year. Had you written I agree that school will never be cancelled for long amounts of time we would have been in agreement. In fact other states have already cancelled school for a few weeks (in person and virtual).

Last edited by CHRockwell; 07-18-2020 at 08:02 AM..

Old 07-18-2020, 04:05 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,555,364 times
I elected to not vote in the poll because I would have liked to seen a hybrid option. From most of what my neighbors have told me, it seems like most of them are disappointed. They argue that most of the reason why they moved to Frisco was for the schools and that virtual schooling is no substitute for in-person classes.

When the poll was first created in June, the situation was significantly different than it is now. I think I would have selected the "in-class" option then. I’m not sure now, and I don’t think most of the social distancing and mask usage enforcement for elementary school aged student is reasonable. My oldest will be a freshman. I was hoping that the high schools could reopen.

No one in our family has co-morbidities, but obviously plenty of other children do. And then of course there are the teachers and kids bringing it home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas