Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 03:02 PM

52 posts, read 114,397 times

Advertisements

I'm renting a place in the M-streets, zip 75206. Can anybody comment on their ISP and the quality of service? We don't need TV or phone, just Internet, and want a fast stable connection, no dropping connections when the wind blows. I know customer service will be hit or (mostly) miss to abysmal with any telecom company, so no need to comment there. I'd like FIOS if available but their website and phone recording system are worthless... maybe I'll have better luck Monday unless someone can tell me different. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 06:06 PM

937 posts, read 2,908,309 times
I believe there is Time Warner and ATT Uverse. I have Time Warner and am happy with it. But I would like to try out ATT Uverse eventually.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:17 PM

19 posts, read 43,149 times
AT&T is better, I'm also in the 75206. Time Warner is good but not as good at AT&T (unless it's deal time, in which case you MIGHT find something slightly better)

Old 04-09-2011, 06:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coregis View Post
I'm renting a place in the M-streets, zip 75206. Can anybody comment on their ISP and the quality of service? We don't need TV or phone, just Internet, and want a fast stable connection, no dropping connections when the wind blows. I know customer service will be hit or (mostly) miss to abysmal with any telecom company, so no need to comment there. I'd like FIOS if available but their website and phone recording system are worthless... maybe I'll have better luck Monday unless someone can tell me different. Thanks.
Just for clarity...

FiOS is Verizon's fiber optic tel/net/tv service. Verizon Telco does not serve the M Streets area (to my latest understanding), typically areas north of Dallas and Fort Worth propers.

Uverse is ATT's fiber optic service and is widely available in the Dallas service area which does not include that Verizon service area.

Either ATT or TimeWarner (RoadRunner) are good services.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the replies. I won't be paying for ATT due to the bandwith caps on principle.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:47 PM

24 posts, read 115,280 times
How about Clear 4G? My wife used it when she lived in the M-Streets area. The connection is not blazing fast, but certainly good enough for streaming youtube, etc.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabrand View Post
How about Clear 4G? My wife used it when she lived in the M-Streets area. The connection is not blazing fast, but certainly good enough for streaming youtube, etc.
I may have to try it- I just went to look at Time Warner and wanted to know if the contract was 12 months or monthly, and they put me in chat with a terrible customer service bot- that thing was worse than a high schooler's computer class project. After a few swears a guy came in but I never did get the answer to one plus one. Just say you're closed and don't embarrass your company like that. And we wonder why there are third world countries with better telecom infrastructure than we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas