Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 12:00 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
You must not have any experience actively trading the market. If I was just sitting there not making any predictions for the future, I would've made peanuts in this market and probably not bought a house yet in DFW.

Instead be like Warren and have a vision, make educated decision and take sensible risk. Or just let me make the big bucks will you have no imagination or predictions to bank on.

Learn to take on educated and sensible risk using all available data points and public knowledge. If you are not planning on using that data, someone else will and make a killing while you're barely making inflation in your portfolios.

Except I didn't say anything about trading strategy or whether one should make predictions or educated decisions. That's quite a strawman. I said you shouldn't assert things you don't know, and you don't know what inflation or rates will be in 2024 or 2025.

Professional economists famously have a terrible track record on predicting future interest rates, yet here you are claiming you know what they will be in two years. Get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
The end game here is demand destruction, which leads to the targeted job losses that effectively bring about the supposed sub 4% inflation predictions being thrown about on here in the first place. Not some magic fiat where demand remains high and inflation is pegged low, that's incongruent magical thinking.

Job losses homey. And that's white collar laptop class remote job loss btw, whom many on this upper middle class echo chamber of a forum, in fact resemble the remark. The judgement cometh, and that right soon. We'll see how well this thread ages.
You realize we're already at 4% on CPI, right? And some portions of that, like shelter, are guaranteed to fall in coming months due to the way they're calculated.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:45 PM

252 posts, read 207,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Except I didn't say anything about trading strategy or whether one should make predictions or educated decisions. That's quite a strawman. I said you shouldn't assert things you don't know, and you don't know what inflation or rates will be in 2024 or 2025.

Professional economists famously have a terrible track record on predicting future interest rates, yet here you are claiming you know what they will be in two years. Get real.
Lmfao. I’ve done extremely well financially trading on my predictions I’ve made regarding the economy and markets. I’ll keep on laughing all the way to the bank while you blow hot air on the internet.

Thank god I didn’t sit there listening to others and let myself get priced out of the DFW markets.

Blah blah blah… DFW is not sustainable.

Kids, talk is cheap. Learn to take action and not sit on the sidelines.

you might get priced out of life in the process or at least DFW real estate.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
4.5% mortgage rates next year and within a point of target inflation? LOL Oh I'm tagging this thread, see how well that ages.
Before you play tag, work on your reading comprehension. I said federal funds rate not mortgage rates. You know what you did. You assumed it was mortgage rates even though i clearly said FFR. You know what they say when you ASSume?

Mortgage rates tend to be 1% - 2% higher than federal funds rate. Now go back and add 2% to my rates to get your mortgage rates and then play tag all you want.

Lmfao. It’s seriously amateur hour around here.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Lmfao. I’ve done extremely well financially trading on my predictions I’ve made regarding the economy and markets. I’ll keep on laughing all the way to the bank while you blow hot air on the internet.

Thank god I didn’t sit there listening to others and let myself get priced out of the DFW markets.

Blah blah blah… DFW is not sustainable.

Kids, talk is cheap. Learn to take action and not sit on the sidelines.

you might get priced out of life in the process or at least DFW real estate.
I bought my first house in 2008, but that's completely irrelevant as we aren't talking about investments. We're talking about your claim that you know what interest rates will be in two years. That's so absurd that I'm not going to spend more time knocking it down.

At what point is it obvious enough for everyone that this guy is a troll?

Old 07-02-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I bought my first house in 2008.

At what point is it obvious enough for everyone that this guy is a troll?
Go look in the mirror man.

You bought one house during the financial crisis.

Lmfao. How many opportunities wasted to scoop up life changing passive investments and you literally sat on the sidelines like I said.

Lol. Good luck in life. Lmfao

Old 07-02-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Go look in the mirror man.

You bought one house during the financial crisis.

Lmfao. How many opportunities wasted to scoop up life changing passive investments and you literally sat on the sidelines like I said.

Lol. Good luck in life. Lmfao

How sore is your back from moving those goalposts? I realize you struggle with logic, but "first" and "only" are not synonyms.

Like I said, how long until we can all recognize that this guy is a troll?

Old 07-02-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I realize you struggle with logic, but "first" and "only" are not synonyms.

How long until you realize you’re not adding any value posting???

So you’re continuing to add fuel to the fire by scooping up homes in this area and pricing folks out of the DFW markets.

Capitalism for the win.

Thanks for participating in this feedback loop of pushing DFW valuations higher and higher every year even as rates approach 8%.

Now how long until everyone realizes you’re a troll who adds 0 value.

Old 07-02-2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
How sore is your back from moving those goalposts? I realize you struggle with logic, but "first" and "only" are not synonyms.

I base my prediction off the committee that is responsible for setting the federal fund rates which sets the basis for lending rates after a spread has been applied to FFR.

I know where to get my data and put my money where my mouth is so I don’t get priced out.

I’m not going to waste my time trying to educate a troll who doesn’t even know about FOMC and their dot plots.

Even if you say you do, I doubt you really know because you wouldn’t be wasting my time with your dumb dumb logic and nonsense.

Old 07-02-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
How long until you realize you’re not adding any value posting???

So you’re continuing to add fuel to the fire by scooping up homes in this area and pricing folks out of the DFW markets.

Capitalism for the win.

Thanks for participating in this feedback loop of pushing DFW valuations higher and higher every year even as rates approach 8%.

Now how long until everyone realizes you’re a troll who adds 0 value.
So let me get this straight. If I don't buy houses, I'm a loser who is sitting on the sidelines and won't do well in life. If I do buy houses, I'm driving up values and pricing folks out?

Did I get that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas