Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 06:12 PM

4,511 posts, read 2,660,480 times

Advertisements

Did you actually just write "relatively easy access to Love Field" for Parker and Lucas? Are you KIDDING? "Relatively easy access to Love Field" is neighborhoods like Lakewood, Preston Hollow, etc. Parker or Lucas to Love Field is NOT "relatively easy". I mean, yeah, it's "relatively easy" compared to Hobby Airport, or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 06:48 PM

427 posts, read 494,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Did you actually just write "relatively easy access to Love Field" for Parker and Lucas? Are you KIDDING? "Relatively easy access to Love Field" is neighborhoods like Lakewood, Preston Hollow, etc. Parker or Lucas to Love Field is NOT "relatively easy". I mean, yeah, it's "relatively easy" compared to Hobby Airport, or something.
Oh wow, what an observation..I normally take care minor details as I know people like you are there whose main goal is to find fault on trivial stuff not understanding the big picture...I was about to say easy highway access via 75. Also it hardly takes 45 min during non rush hours and straight forward. To me it is easy access unless I need to go to airport everyday. For HP/UP it is not easy access, Love Field is kind of literally in the backyard.

I hope you don't come back and say 'airport in the backyard? Are you kidding?"

Last edited by DFWUser1; 03-04-2022 at 07:08 PM..

Old 03-04-2022, 07:09 PM

4,511 posts, read 2,660,480 times
Well, if you insist on living out there in the boonies, I suppose an hour to the airport can be redefined as "easy"...

I'm sorry, but driving from Lucas to Love Field is hardly a "minor detail" if you have to do it very often.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, if you insist on living out there in the boonies, I suppose an hour to the airport can be redefined as "easy"...

I'm sorry, but driving from Lucas to Love Field is hardly a "minor detail" if you have to do it very often.
Again you are twisting the topic. I was responding to a post about Lucas/Parker and mentioned easy meaning straight forward highway access to Love Field via 75.

Similarly responded about shopping.

This post is not about regular commute to airport. That is not the topic and I am not suggesting those areas for easy access to airport for someone that needs to travel to airport frequently. Understand the 'context' before jumping to criticize.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:10 PM

501 posts, read 1,462,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Cities that seem to fly under the radar in these types of discussions are Lucas, Parker and Fairview. The homes that I've seen especially in Lucas have to rival anything in Prosper and are probably not too far behind Southlake. Yet these cities dont get the shine that Prosper does for whatever reason.
AND Lovejoy ISD > Prosper ISD

Old 03-04-2022, 09:56 PM

213 posts, read 239,506 times
Honestly 380 has ruined Prosper. What could’ve been is no more. I personally do not like Prosper. I don’t think it’s the next anything. Houses nowadays are expensive everywhere. Prosper is offering larger, newer built and asking for that price. There is nothing unique about Prosper.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Cities that seem to fly under the radar in these types of discussions are Lucas, Parker and Fairview. The homes that I've seen especially in Lucas have to rival anything in Prosper and are probably not too far behind Southlake. Yet these cities dont get the shine that Prosper does for whatever reason.
I think of a few reasons for that:

1. Lot of hype, marketing: Frisco has done a lot of marketing, hype at national level compared to other surrounding towns. Obviously they have done a good job in attracting attention and drew huge projects to the city. Same thing spilled over to Prosper.

2. Realtors/Developers: Are 2nd reason to hype Frisco as that's where there is large chunk of land available for development. Plano is built out, Allen is built out and McKinney to some extent. So, they want the hype to attract buyers to the newer housing stock, communities. And Prosper followed the suit as a logical next door neighbor when things got heated up in Frisco.

3. Immigrants/Indians: They have a tendency to flock together, one comes and sets up a flag, rest will follow automatically. And Frisco/Prosper is where there used to be affordable new homes up until a few years ago. They want everything Indian, ironically not in India, but in the US. They flee India by any means and flock to Western Countries. Word spread out in the last decade or so and soon it turned out to be a mini Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai. Especially new home communities. And Frisco's little sister Prosper following the suit.

I feel those are the main factors in addition to the general trends in companies/people relocating to DFW area and to Plano region fueled the growth further north that includes Frisco, then Prosper and now Celina etc..hogging the limelight. Other areas are flying under the radar - but still extremely doing well albeit without the noise, hype.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:39 AM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
I think of a few reasons for that:

1. Lot of hype, marketing: Frisco has done a lot of marketing, hype at national level compared to other surrounding towns. Obviously they have done a good job in attracting attention and drew huge projects to the city. Same thing spilled over to Prosper.

2. Realtors/Developers: Are 2nd reason to hype Frisco as that's where there is large chunk of land available for development. Plano is built out, Allen is built out and McKinney to some extent. So, they want the hype to attract buyers to the newer housing stock, communities. And Prosper followed the suit as a logical next door neighbor when things got heated up in Frisco.

3. Immigrants/Indians: They have a tendency to flock together, one comes and sets up a flag, rest will follow automatically. And Frisco/Prosper is where there used to be affordable new homes up until a few years ago. They want everything Indian, ironically not in India, but in the US. They flee India by any means and flock to Western Countries. Word spread out in the last decade or so and soon it turned out to be a mini Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai. Especially new home communities. And Frisco's little sister Prosper following the suit.

I feel those are the main factors in addition to the general trends in companies/people relocating to DFW area and to Plano region fueled the growth further north that includes Frisco, then Prosper and now Celina etc..hogging the limelight. Other areas are flying under the radar - but still extremely doing well albeit without the noise, hype.
How do you feel about #3?

Old 03-05-2022, 09:07 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times
Southlake and Highland Park are not in the same league at all in terms of budget or community lifestyle.

Highland Park draws a different type of buyer who wishes proximity to the city and generally has a bigger budget.

Burb cities Southlake, West Plano, Coppell, Trophy Club and perhaps Westlake (tho that’s more comparable to HP in terms of wealth) typically attract the same level of buyers.

Perhaps someday Prosper and Southlake will be comparable. A long time in the future.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:33 AM

312 posts, read 367,819 times
White friend is buying a new home in Prosper. He was in Frisco but schools are "too competitive." Wants something larger and works from home a lot so the commute won't be too bad. Makes $130+K and works near the Star in Frisco when he has to go into the office. Not sure if wife works. 1-2 small kids.

Another white friend moved from Plano to Celina a few years ago. Son is just outside the top 10% of his graduating class. Looking at JUCO to get the "basics" out of the way. That's a very different outcome than is expected at HPHS, Southlake Carroll or the competitive Frisco HSs.

Are Celina and Prosper having large influxes of South Asians? Will their schools become more academically competitive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: