Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 12:51 AM

690 posts, read 645,154 times

Advertisements

Just wondering...did the OP ever ask their neighbor why she is doing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 10:53 AM

537 posts, read 266,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, I see it as an actually great habit. It's much better to throw such trash into someone's garbage bin than on someone's lawn, or walkway, no?
If one expects dog owners to continue walking or jogging with their dog poop in their hand, then they will just leave it be instead of picking up after their dogs.

There are not enough city garbage cans for pedestrians to use. And pretty much none in suburban neighborhoods.
That's if the trash is permanently outdoors, like in the backyard. For many of us, our trash is in our garage. Can you throw it in your own trash maybe?

Old 07-31-2022, 11:09 AM

15,533 posts, read 7,565,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, I see it as an actually great habit. It's much better to throw such trash into someone's garbage bin than on someone's lawn, or walkway, no?
If one expects dog owners to continue walking or jogging with their dog poop in their hand, then they will just leave it be instead of picking up after their dogs.

There are not enough city garbage cans for pedestrians to use. And pretty much none in suburban neighborhoods.
I carry the poop bag back to my house when I walk our dog. Always have.. I expect that's very possible for anyone else walking a dog as well. Why is it OK to put poop in the garbage bin after the trash ahs been picked up, thus causing the bin owners garage to smell for the next week?

Old 08-06-2022, 09:20 PM

4,508 posts, read 4,635,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
So, if both my and my neighbor's trash is on the curb, post garbage pick up, I can dump my pet waste into their trash?
I guess you could but it would be extremely bad manners if both your trash cans are on the curb and you put your dog's number 2 in the neighbor's trash can rather than your own.. But if somebody's walking their dog I don't see anything wrong with the dog walker putting the dog's number 2 in a nearby trash can rather than leave it in the neighbor's yard as long as the number 2 is in a baggie or is covered some kind of way. If you don't want dog walkers putting the dog's number 2 in your garbage or trash can then don't leave it on the street by the curb.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 08-06-2022 at 09:29 PM..

Old 08-06-2022, 10:20 PM

61,901 posts, read 87,406,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
That's if the trash is permanently outdoors, like in the backyard. For many of us, our trash is in our garage. Can you throw it in your own trash maybe?

Didn't cross my mind. We don't keep trash bins in the garage.

OP is not participating in this discussion. We won't know the outcome.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:08 PM

164 posts, read 85,282 times
Move your trash can to where she can’t get ot it. That is very weird for her to do that. She doesn’t want to stink up her property so she puts it on yours.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:43 PM

102,243 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Why not just throw it over the fence into her yard? If she comes to you to complain, feign ignorance. Or sympathize with her about the neighborhood hoodlums, the same ones who have been leaving the stuff in your trash can. Tell her you've caught them on surveillance film, and ask if she'd like to join you in going to the courthouse (or HOA) to lodge a formal complaint.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why not just throw it over the fence into her yard? If she comes to you to complain, feign ignorance. Or sympathize with her about the neighborhood hoodlums, the same ones who have been leaving the stuff in your trash can. Tell her you've caught them on surveillance film, and ask if she'd like to join you in going to the courthouse (or HOA) to lodge a formal complaint.
Love it!

Old 08-07-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I guess you could but it would be extremely bad manners if both your trash cans are on the curb and you put your dog's number 2 in the neighbor's trash can rather than your own.. But if somebody's walking their dog I don't see anything wrong with the dog walker putting the dog's number 2 in a nearby trash can rather than leave it in the neighbor's yard as long as the number 2 is in a baggie or is covered some kind of way. If you don't want dog walkers putting the dog's number 2 in your garbage or trash can then don't leave it on the street by the curb.
I think we're in a grey area and it depends on what neighborhood you live in. My neighborhood has public trash cans, but I also pay an HOA.

Sometimes, it's trash day and you're at work. You can't bring your trash in until you get home.

Maybe it's a Texan thing? I've lived in colorado and people will carry their dog poop, usually tie it to their bag and just walk with it. It's what happens when you have a dog.

If you put it in someone's private trash can, they have to be with that poop till next trash day. I don't believe it's very courteous, but again, when I was in Colorado, people just didn't do that. We were also better at returning our carts, but that's another thread.

It's very likely that the person is walking their dog within a 1 mile diameter and is probably yoru neighbor, especially if it's happening repeatedly.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:12 PM

4,508 posts, read 4,635,747 times
I wonder if there's anything that can be poured onto a dog's mess that would cause it to dissolve into the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: