Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 08:16 AM

245 posts, read 257,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. DISD has changed so much from when I graduated 20 years ago. There are some very interesting and innovative school choice options now. TAG at townview existed, but was nacient.
Townview opened in 1996 and TAG has had the same admission policies since it was at Pinkston. It’s really pretty easy to understand and its why so many low-SES kids have done well at TAG (which is also why the school is so highly ranked). That so many wealthy people feel the need to shove into a handful of neighborhoods “for the schools” is a mystery to me (narrator: it was not actually a mystery).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 07:37 AM

37 posts, read 38,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75214Dad View Post
Nah- the neighborhood I was referring to is east of White Rock creek and south of 30 (“off Forney”). I’d buy south of Bishop Arts if I was in the market- Wynnewood and Elmwood are hot. I know people there too, but there aren't really any new builds which was the question.
Is the neighborhood off Forney Rd. Enclave at Wooded Creek? Had a friend who lived in Enclave at Grove Hill just west of there and loved it. Tenison Village is about to start selling in a month close by off of Hunnicut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: