Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:58 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC Originally from Staten Island, NY born and raised
14 posts, read 39,473 times

Advertisements

Peace, I am a 39 year old single female looking to move to North Dallas this November 2008. I am hoping to obtain some information on Plano, Richardson and Fresno, and any other areas that are good to live in.

These are the things I am planning on doing and if possible can someone give me some feedback on which area is best for me.
I am going to be looking to be roommate with someone in a house for at least 6months or 1 year. I am a Health Concious and would like to be around Health Foods Supermarkets. I would also like to be around a Gym that offers Yoga classes. As far as work I will be taking a Medical Course for Medical Administration. As for now I have many years in Customer Service. As for my night life for entertainment, I like to go to Poerty or Jazz spots things like that. I like stage plays and concerts. I love to dance especially to old school hip-hop or R&B.

So if possible can someone or everyone give me some feed back on any information that will help me choose the right place to relocate to. I will be in Allen, Texas for the July 4th holiday visiting family and looking around then. So in advance I thank anyone who takes time to share some information with me.

Prosperous Soul....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 05:03 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,458,087 times
I would scratch Frisco off your list. It's mostly young families doing family activities. Not much of a night life there. It's a child-centered community.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Thank you for the input will do so. Let me know if you know anything else. I heard Richardson is very, good. Do you know much about it and also Plano and Allen.

Thanks in advance.
Prosperous Soul

Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,404 times
If you will be in Allen over 4th of July--Yoga balance studio is in Mckinney. It is a nice small studio not far from Allen. Yoga Balance Studio - Historic Downtown McKinney, TX - 972.832.5864 (I am not an employee) Happy hunting.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:26 PM

Thanks so much for the info on a Yoga Studio. I will check it out and give them a call about there class schedule and prices. Thanks again.

Prosperous Soul

Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 PM

72 posts, read 257,701 times
Hi Prosperous Soul,

Welcome!

There's a Whole Foods Market and a Central Market in Richardson. The YMCA offers yoga classes several times weekly. Meetup dot com will tell you where the poetry readings are on a weekly basis. There are some right now in Addison which is the city over from Richardson - about a 10 minute drive. There are numerous hospitals, assisted living skills places, outpatient facilities, etc. in Richardson as well. Richardson has 2 community theatre centers - one in the newly renovated Canyon Creek area where you can walk to a late night supper afterwards. There are all kinds of clubs on Greenville Ave. which part of is in Richardson, but you'll have to drive a little ways down to get to the clubs.

I think Richardson would be the spot for you.

Hope it helps,
T Hayley

Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 AM

Thank you sooooooooooooo much RE Diva this has helped me so much. I really do beleive that I am going to do more research on richardson when I come in July.

Prosperous Soul

Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 PM

13 posts, read 36,660 times
My husband and I are actually relocating to Dallas from Charlotte in the next month. I am originally from the Chicago area and frequent poetry slams and participate as well. I will keep my eyes open as I am looking for the same! Peace to you on your journey. May I ask what is making you go to Texas? We are looking for a change. I have been in Charlotte for 4 years and I am on my final round of interviews for a company in Richardson and Farmer's Branch. Let's hope they meet my $$$

Old 06-02-2008, 02:07 PM

45 posts, read 165,510 times
Why the exdous from Charlotte???? It's suppose to be the next Atlanta.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 AM

85 posts, read 199,564 times
why do or are you leaving Charlotte, I LOVE visting Charlotte! It's not ATL, thank goodness, & hopefully will never become another ATL. It's not too small but not too big. Charlotte is definitely becoming or has become a major city on the east coast. Good housing market as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas