Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 10:01 AM

139 posts, read 113,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
It's great Koreans are starting to look at Houston again but they left the first time because of all the violence and Houston still has that problem, Big time. Most Koreans much prefer Collin County, nobody wanna keep gettin jacked
A lot of East Asian clients that I work with, especially the ones that moved here from Southern California or has families that live in Southern California, all say they see similarities between Collin County and Orange County. They like the easy convenience and the abundance of Asian grocery stores, restaurants, and businesses. And most importantly, the ISD's. Hard to compare to the massive scale that you'd find in Southern California, but they believe Collin County is headed towards that direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 10:18 AM

9,895 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Houston is the premier East Asian city in Texas. Koreans are one where Dallas has the edge. The problem South Korea is just one of many East Asian countries.

That said, DFW is a very close second perhaps not just in Texas but in the entire south.

Collin County is 17.5% Asian
Fort Bend County is 21.6% Asian

While this isn’t broken down between south and East Asian, I would imagine that a larger proportion of Collin County’s Asian population is South Asian in comparison to Fort Bend.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fortbendcountytexas
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/collincountytexas

Old 01-22-2023, 08:00 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,090,753 times
Why does the population of Asian Americans matter? As a Korean American, the number of Chinese or Indian Americans in a place means next to nothing to me. Also, it has been a while since I checked, the Korean population is split pretty evenly between Denton and Collin, maybe even Dallas, not centered in Collin county. The Old Koreatown and like 95% of the New Koreatown are in Dallas County.

Pulling up data on Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indian, etc. Americans says nothing about Korean Americans.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:07 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonhun View Post
Why does the population of Asian Americans matter? As a Korean American, the number of Chinese or Indian Americans in a place means next to nothing to me. Also, it has been a while since I checked, the Korean population is split pretty evenly between Denton and Collin, maybe even Dallas, not centered in Collin county. The Old Koreatown and like 95% of the New Koreatown are in Dallas County.

Pulling up data on Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indian, etc. Americans says nothing about Korean Americans.
They go around everywhere repeating the same stats. It’s a competition for them. I don’t really understand it. For them it’s bragging rights. No one makes moves based on these sorts of things. These are conversations that don’t really exist in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas