Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 11:57 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,470,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Dallasboi faints at the thought...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Better believe he's searching the internet HARD to find anything in DFW close to it!
....2 of my biggest fans!!

Mr.Clutch first.....No I actually didn't faint....And honestly had no clue of what kind of place this was. I just read the description and tried to HELP out and name someplace that would be described the same way in Dallas. If they didn't fill the void, it would be a starting point on the journey to find a substitute.

There are A LOT of things and places in Houston that can't be found in Dallas...That's what makes cities different. ...Any points DEDUCTED from Dallas....HECK NO!!!!!!!

TexasTallest/Spacecitytx ........... YOU ARE FINALLY RIGHT for a change......I did search the internet because that's how you offer help when asked......No place will ever be exactly like the place you left so you look for alternatives ON THE INTERNET to ease the transition.

Thanks for your time you 2!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasParent86 View Post
I was actually born and raised in Houston. I really do wish Dallas had something like Kuhl-Linscomb. There is nothing like it here.
..Well.....At least you came to your senses when you became an adult.

At least that'll give you a good reason to visit Houston sometimes..............I'm j/k. I'm pretty sure you go home a lot.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:31 AM

869 posts, read 322,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

Mr.Clutch first.....No I actually didn't faint....And honestly had no clue of what kind of place this was. I just read the description and tried to HELP out and name someplace that would be described the same way in Dallas. If they didn't fill the void, it would be a starting point on the journey to find a substitute.

There are A LOT of things and places in Houston that can't be found in Dallas...That's what makes cities different. ...Any points DEDUCTED from Dallas....HECK NO!!!!!!!

TexasTallest/Spacecitytx ........... YOU ARE FINALLY RIGHT for a change......I did search the internet because that's how you offer help when asked......No place will ever be exactly like the place you left so you look for alternatives ON THE INTERNET to ease the transition.

This dude STILL thinks I'm TexasTallest, lol! So be it then...

To the bolded: The problem I have with that statement is that you don't really mean it. I literally say the same thing to you ALL THE TIME about both cities, but you're adamant about putting Houston down in SOME way. I'm well aware that Dallas has some things that H-Town doesn't, and vice-versa...but you fight tooth and nail to rty to prove that Dallas is superior somehow.

I think you're only agreeing NOW because there's actually no answer for this one.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
This dude STILL thinks I'm TexasTallest, lol! So be it then...

To the bolded: The problem I have with that statement is that you don't really mean it. I literally say the same thing to you ALL THE TIME about both cities, but you're adamant about putting Houston down in SOME way. I'm well aware that Dallas has some things that H-Town doesn't, and vice-versa...but you fight tooth and nail to rty to prove that Dallas is superior somehow.

I think you're only agreeing NOW because there's actually no answer for this one.
I never seek to put Houston down....It's just so evident that Houstonians NEVER give Dallas it's flowers when applicable...so I make sure our flowers aren't STOLEN instead of GIVEN.....Like when Paraguamswag made a whole new shopping thread in City vs City with different rules to make Houston look like a better Luxury shopping city over Dallas.

I called him out in that thread and he snitched on me and got me put in C-D Jail.....

Old 05-31-2023, 01:30 PM

https://www.kuhl-linscomb.com/products.htm

Looking at the website.......To me it resembles Target.

Nothing really special that couldn't be found at a general department store.

Dallas Grange Hall is the equivalent to kuhl-Linscomb

https://www.ufgrangehall.com/

This is confirmation
https://texasstyleandsubstance.blogs...mb-grange.html

Old 05-31-2023, 01:47 PM

3,189 posts, read 2,078,406 times
Quote:
Better believe he's searching the internet HARD to find anything in DFW close to it!
From your lips to God's ears....

Quote:
https://www.kuhl-linscomb.com/products.htm

Looking at the website.......To me it resembles Target.

Nothing really special that couldn't be found at a general department store.

Dallas Grange Hall is the equivalent to kuhl-Linscomb

https://www.ufgrangehall.com/

This is confirmation
https://texasstyleandsubstance.blogs...mb-grange.html
Lmao. So predictable.

Old 05-31-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Lmao. So predictable.
....I admitted he was right about me searching the internet...Whats wrong with that?!!

You saying this just proves the envy you truly have for Dallas.....You rather it had just stayed at Dallas not having anything like it so you can feel like Houston won something...

.....I am more focused on answering the question with useful info.......

Old 05-31-2023, 03:21 PM

3,189 posts, read 2,078,406 times
Quote:
....I admitted he was right about me searching the internet...Whats wrong with that?!!

You saying this just proves the envy you truly have for Dallas.....You rather it had just stayed at Dallas not having anything like it so you can feel like Houston won something...

.....I am more focused on answering the question with useful info.......
Houston wins a lot of things, as does Dallas. I don't shop at either place, personally, and truthfully neither do you. But you (predictably) couldn't stand seeing someone in Dallas admit that there's something Dallas doesn't have, so you had to try to prove them wrong via some weak blog post - despite the fact you don't even shop there, so it doesn't affect you either way.

Hilarious. You do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better sir.

Old 05-31-2023, 03:23 PM

869 posts, read 322,469 times
Quote:

Lmao. So predictable.

I know his responses so well, you'd think we're related, lol!

Old 05-31-2023, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Houston wins a lot of things, as does Dallas. I don't shop at either place, personally, and truthfully neither do you. But you (predictably) couldn't stand seeing someone in Dallas admit that there's something Dallas doesn't have, so you had to try to prove them wrong via some weak blog post - despite the fact you don't even shop there, so it doesn't affect you either way.

Hilarious. You do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better sir.
Someone in Dallas that was BORN AND RAISED in Houston.......

Which probably means they're just trying to point out SOMETHING that Houston has over Dallas ALSO... instead of GENUINELY pondering about similar options in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas