Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the reason for or against renting out a room in your house?
I can use some help with my mortgage payment. 0 0%
I want to rent out a room in my house but have hard time finding the right tenant. 0 0%
I am worried about fraud, theft, or any other foul play. 0 0%
I am worried that a tenant will not take care of my house. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM

9 posts, read 40,204 times

Advertisements

I relocated to Valley Ranch area January of this year and I am looking for furnished room to rent in Irving (Valley Ranch and/or Las Colinas), Coppell, Grapevine, Euless, North Arlington, North Grand Prairie area.

I am a 28yr old asian straight male professional. I am originally from Chicago, IL. I received my bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Biomedical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering. I moved to southern California where I received my master's degree in Chemical Engineering. I currently work as a Biomedical Engineer for a medical diagnostics company in Las Colinas.

I am very clean, organized, and responsible. I do not throw loud parties or have people over all the time. I work 8-5, exercise, and attend church regularly.

I would love to meet you in person and discuss anything you may want to know about me. I am honest and down-to-earth so if I am a good candidate and your housing condition meets my needs, I am positive I will be a great tenant for you.

Here are my needs:

-Rent MUST include ALL utilities. I know how to save energy and I am very good at it. -Furnished room with a bed. Desk and/or TV stand would be a plus.
-Cable TV and internet connection in the room
-NO Pets
-Furnished kitchen
-Washer/Dryer
-Basic house privileges
I am looking to rent within the next month or two.
Below are pictures with my girlfriend (left) and my best friend from Cali (Right)
http://images.craigslist.org/01020501040201161220080602c71b66711a6d5bc95700d616 .jpg (broken link) http://images.craigslist.org/01020601040601030420080602c30e8922b10a31960000127b .jpg (broken link)

Thanks for looking. If you or anyone else is looking to rent out a room to a reponsible, clean, and neat person, please contact me at hslee45@gmail.com. I am looking forward to hear from you and meet you in person.

David

Last edited by fobulous; 06-20-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 01:37 PM

64 posts, read 344,023 times
Look at this site: craigslist: dallas / fort worth classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

I found a nice room for rent in Irving on there.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 AM

9 posts, read 40,204 times
Thank you for kind suggestions but I have been looking on craigslist.

I thought I'd post an ad on this forum as well since a lot of people read this forum, both new to the area as well as people who have been living here.

I can be a great tenant. I see a lot of houses in my area and if you have an extra room to spare and can use some extra cash, I'm the perfect guy for it. I will help out around the house if needed and I will keep the house neat and clean as I like to be.

PM me and you won't be disappointed.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,848 times
RE: the poll. For me, none of the options fit. A the end of a long day, I just like my privacy.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM

87 posts, read 315,732 times
We're in a different area and are still looking for a new house, so we don't have a room to rent out, but I wanted to suggest maybe finding a roommate and renting an apt. I'm not sure what your budget is, but there are some nice and affordable apartments here in the DFW area. If you found a good roommate or two, you might be able to settle into a nice townhouse or even a smaller home.
I think families find it difficult to rent out a room with having kids running around and all. And as honu1 wrote, I think most people just want to have privacy in their home.
Also, have you asked around at church? Maybe you can find empty nesters with extra rooms or someone who travels a lot and would enjoy having a tenant/housesitter at home.

Good luck with your room search! Sorry I don't have any definite leads for you...

Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,252,877 times
Also, check Easyroommate.com or roommates.com...That's how I found my place to stay when I moved a few years back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas