Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,096 times

Advertisements

One of my cats has sever itchiness on right and left neck area. I have already applied medical shampoo and frontline.But what concerns me the most is that I found a straight thin line ( 1" long) of rough skin under his right eye. When I touched the area, he had a very strange reaction. I don't know how to describe but he shaked his eyes and face very fast. -- Which scared me.

Even though, I had his teeth cleaned early this year, it may be related.. but since it shows rough skin, I wonder some kind of infection.

I'm looking for a very good vet especially for cats in Dallas, Plano and Garland area. I need a doctor who is good for diagnosis, anesthesia and caring (meaning less stress for cats. My latest vet was strangling my cat with towel until he stopped resisting in order to draw sample blood for surgery. All the preparation was done by high school kids like assistant and the doctor refused to draw the blood by himself (which took 30 min to draw the sample blood!) By the time, I picked him up after surgery, he was so frightened and having nervous breakdown. He couldn't recognized me at all even he was fully awake.

Can anyone recommend a good vet for me?

Last edited by felinefriend; 06-29-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Dr. Chitwood at the Banfield in Petsmart on 190 and North Garland Avenue is wonderful with cats. She helped my diagnose my moms Maine Coon with flea dermatitis. We also had a cat who eventually passed away from complications to diabetes, but she helped us find the right treatment. She's not a just a good vet, but on a personal level she is a cat person. She has a very calm, caring demeanor.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:52 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Any of the vets at Murphy Road Animal Hospital
(972) 496-4126 6114 S Murphy Rd, Sachse, TX
(Who we use for our 4 cats/1 dog now)

Or

Dr. Cindy at NorthStar Animal Clinic
(972) 675-2510 1238 Belt Line Rd, #380, Garland, TX (Beltline and N. Garland)
We loved her when we were in Garland. We'd still go to her but transporting all my pets to the vet for check-ups is a logistical nightmare and it was just a little too far for their sanity. She LOVES cats.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:10 AM

473 posts, read 1,568,044 times
Casa Linda Vet at Garland and Jupiter (Southeast corner) has been very good with my cat. They have 3 vets on staff and all are very caring and take a lot of time to explain everything.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 16,196 times
East Lake Veterinary Hospital on Northwest Highway.
[url=http://www.welovepets.net]East Lake Veterinary Hospital: the place for pets[/url]

We have been incredibly happy with them. I love that they have so many services in one location. It's a full service hospital, where they have surgery, lab services, dental care, emergency care, grooming, boarding, adoptions as well as special education opportunities to learn about caring for your pet. Cats have their own separate boarding area. They even have a couple guest rooms where clients can stay overnight if they have a very sick pet.

It is a nice, clean, large location. Everyone we have encountered there has been well informed, nice and eager to help. They have good hours so you can take your pet there after work in the evenings, too. Their prices compare reasonably with other area vet offices. I love that we can quickly get a diagnosis on our pet since they have in-house labs.

We have seen Dr. Barton, but I'm sure any of the vets there are great. She has been quick to return my calls and always thoroughly and patiently answers all of my questions.

Good luck with your cat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: