Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:33 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times

Advertisements

They said on Fox tonight that the city of Richardson will be safegarding the rocket ship and make it part of the playground's decor. Kids won't be able to climb on it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Now dirt and grass don't pass safety standards on playgrounds?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:49 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
They said on Fox tonight that the city of Richardson will be safegarding the rocket ship and make it part of the playground's decor. Kids won't be able to climb on it though.
No, that won't happen at all. They never said it would stay and still have yet to determine exactly what to do with it.

As of this morning, Tuesday, July 15th IT IS GONE!!!

Equipment that is already gone includes:
Both jungle gyms at both parks (a "park" on each side of the parking lot had one"
The Radar/Satelite
The football shaped jungle gym at the park closest to the pool
The Rocket Slide

Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Now dirt and grass don't pass safety standards on playgrounds?
No they don't. Funny but really sad. Grass and dirt do not offer enough cushion should a child fall from 6' up after they climbed up the outside of the play structure they were not supposed to

I'm waiting for the lawsuit for someone to file that they got in an accident on the WAY to the park and got hurt.

Last edited by momof2dfw; 07-15-2008 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No, that won't happen at all. They never said it would stay and still have yet to determine exactly what to do with it.

As of this morning, Tuesday, July 15th IT IS GONE!!!

Equipment that is already gone includes:
Both jungle gyms at both parks (a "park" on each side of the parking lot had one"
The Radar/Satelite
The football shaped jungle gym at the park closest to the pool
The Rocket Slide
In other words all the fun stuff kids enjoy. The park won't be any fun anymore but at least it will be "safe" just like sitting motionlessly in a foam room is safe.
I'm glad though because you've heard the hundreds of horror stories about deaths at heights park right? I meaqn kids are dropping like flys there all the time.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:56 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
How many have been 'impaled'??!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No they don't. Funny but really sad. Grass and dirt do not offer enough cushion should a child fall from 6" up after they climbed up the outside of the play structure they were not supposed to

I'm waiting for the lawsuit for someone to file that they got in an accident on the WAY to the park and got hurt.
Should we expect them to annonuce they are filling the creek next. I mean that's unsafe.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
In other words all the fun stuff kids enjoy. The park won't be any fun anymore but at least it will be "safe" just like sitting motionlessly in a foam room is safe.
I'm glad though because you've heard the hundreds of horror stories about deaths at heights park right? I meaqn kids are dropping like flys there all the time.
LOL!!!

When we went on Sunday there were many other families coming by for one last visit. Not ONE KID even ventured close to that brown & yellow "safe playscape". Well, there were 3 kids that did but they were dropped off there obviously and left totally unattended and probably had been for several hours. They were the ONLY ones that did but they kept loading up their shirts w/ the pebbles and dumping them on the slide and filling up the slide w/ pebbles. I even asked my kids before THAT happened why they were not over there............. "why, you can do that anywhere". Oh, and those kids left unattended, one DID get hurt. He fell WALKING on the pebbles. Guess we need to get those pesky dangerous pebbles out of there now.

Those kids parent or some adult FINALLY showed up but sat in their van in the parking lot laying in on the horn for like 10 minutes. The kids never looked over there and he finally stopped and just parked but never got out to check on them. And we wonder WHY some kids do get hurt.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Should we expect them to annonuce they are filling the creek next. I mean that's unsafe.
LOL!!! I'm not so sure any area teens looking to get out of eyesight from parents would be thrilled w/ that I think it is where they go to get a smoke away from the public.

My kids LOVE walking down and along the creek. Nah, they can't fill it in. If they did when we got heavy flash floods it would flood the neighbors houses and then the city would be responsible for the damages. Best to just leave it the way it is.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM

681 posts, read 2,360,113 times
Quote:
You're right! Since children can drown in as little as a few inches of water, the creek will probably be filled as a preventative measure to avoid lawsuits.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas