Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 PM

45 posts, read 187,995 times

Advertisements

Um, thanks for the heads-up on the hibachi--
I don't think I really would enjoy sitting in front of a hot steaming grill in August. lol
I'm looking for sort of a little walk on the elegant side, with cool surroundings, an egyptian cotton covered sofa to recline on, and servants at my every beck and call.

Seriously, thanks for the suggestions. You mentioned places that I never knew existed and have widened my horizon... grateful for the replies.

Maybe it's the hour of the day but a look at a dessert cart and some wine spritzers sounds downright scintilating right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 12:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
LOL!! I'm with you right now on the drinks. Meanwhile I guess I'll just settle for my big glass of Sweet Tea.

There are also two other options that are the oldest NICE places in Rockwall.
Culpepper's and Oar House.

Culpepper's is steak and Oar House is Italian. Neither one offer the Egyptian sofa's w/ strapping men to handfed you though - at least not that I know of or not the last time I was there.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I was going to suggest Kenny's Woodside Grill in Addison. Very elegant, small, GREAT food, super service, etc. If you want to stay closer to Rockwall how about the Brazilian steak place in Firewheel Town Center (similiar to Texas de Brazil and Fogo da Cho). Texas Master Grill is the name of it. The outside of it looks NOTHING like the inside. EXCELLENT food as well (the pineapple is DEVINE!).

I have not had the chance to dine at all of the new establishments down at The Harbor yet. Some look rather good and a little more upscale than your average dining spot in the area.
I did go to Kenny's website.. wow, what a mouthwatering menu! Impressive. Jazzy takes on the old standbys... these guys seem to know what they're doing in the kitchen!
Dallas Texas Restaurant - Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Martini Bar - Kenny's Wood Fired Grill (http://www.kennyswoodfiredgrill.com/home.html - broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 PM

Yes, I have looked longingly at Culpeppers from time to time, going over Lake Ray Hubbard... seemed to never have time to stop.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheleebean View Post
I did go to Kenny's website.. wow, what a mouthwatering menu! Impressive. Jazzy takes on the old standbys... these guys seem to know what they're doing in the kitchen!
Dallas Texas Restaurant - Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Martini Bar - Kenny's Wood Fired Grill (http://www.kennyswoodfiredgrill.com/home.html - broken link)
YOUR MAKING ME HUNGRY FOR THAT PLACE!!! It is SOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!! Really a great place to go for a special night out. No concrete floors that echo the noise, nice and subdued, not rushed at all, service is PERFECT, they get to know their regulars. When we were there one night waiting at the bar the man beside us was eating alone at the bar. They knew him by name as he was a regular. Struck up a converstaion w/ him and he comes there a few times a week to eat as they were relocating here and his wife was not here yet. He said it felt like home and welcoming but not rushed like a lot of restaurants.

If your into Vodka they serve it chilled. Not my gig but they have some really good Martini's. They also serve a nice piping hot Popover to everyone. They are SOOOO GOOD!

Here are my recommendations:
Appetizers:
Tenderloin Crostini
Brie Fondue

Main Course:
Filet Mignon - medium (some nights they have a special w/ the Filet and some shrimp)

Sides (and these are NOT your normal sides - these are for adults):
Adult Mac n Cheese
Bubbies Potato Cakes
Creamed Spinach
Asparagus
*you can each order one and split them as there is plenty to eat for 2 and even 3

I don't waste calories on salads but hubby orders one and I do not recall which one he gets.

Okay, we are going to have to go again and SOON!!! Dh wanted to go last month one evening but we couldn't ditch the kids anywhere

Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
Are bubbies potato pancakes latkes (fried grated potato cakes) ?

I am assuming so since Bubby or Bubbe is Yiddish for Grandmother.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Are bubbies potato pancakes latkes (fried grated potato cakes) ?

I am assuming so since Bubby or Bubbe is Yiddish for Grandmother.
Debsi, It's possible! From the types of dipping sauces offered, it really does sound like it could be. (Nice to see you in the forum again.)

__________________________________________________ ___________
It's really nice to know about this restaurant... sounds very charming and welcoming. Atmosphere does add a lot to a place and is probably well worth the drive. I'm seriously looking into this one.

MY GOSH, that sounds like a lot of food in your recommendation.... I was really leaning toward the adult mac and cheese, though I shouldn't have it. I really don't want ham in mine, though. Can they do this?

I hope you get a chance to go back soon. Thanks for the recommends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas