Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

Tenet Healthcare moving to downtown Dallas' Fountain Place 10:17 AM CT | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080808dnbustenetfountainplace.22ed05d8.html - broken link)

Tenet Healthcare is expected to announce Friday its move from near the Galleria in Far North Dallas to downtown’s Fountain Place.

Tenet would be the latest of a series of big downtown business moves including AT&T, Comerica, American International Group and TM Advertising.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 AM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
Very nice. Hopefully the Savannah College of Art and Design will pick downtown for their new campus to add to downtown's momentum. I think they were looking at some space in West End.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 AM

I think they were looking at the West End Market Place which would be ideal since the old movie theater complex would be perfect for dramatic productions.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think they were looking at the West End Market Place which would be ideal since the old movie theater complex would be perfect for dramatic productions.
That would be perfect. Easily room for a Black Box, and a Proscenium.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Article
Tenet Healthcare is expected to announce Thursday its move from near the Galleria in Far North Dallas to downtown’s Fountain Place.
I really hate the "Far North Dallas" statement. Isn't that really just code name for Addison? My wife's office is in Addison, but they use a Dallas shipping address. Seems silly to blur the lines.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,329,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
I really hate the "Far North Dallas" statement. Isn't that really just code name for Addison? My wife's office is in Addison, but they use a Dallas shipping address. Seems silly to blur the lines.
Tenet is actually in the Dallas city limits. Here's a map showing the Addison limits - Town of Addsion Capital Improvement Project Map

Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
The Galleria is in Dallas, not Addison. What's wrong with calling that area Far North Dallas? People who have been here long enough to remember when there was very little development up there often refer to everything inside the city limits that is north of LBJ as Far North Dallas. That's my definition. Nothing derogatory about it. Expanding on that, many people's definition of North Dallas is Dallas between NW Highway and LBJ. South of NW Highway is just Dallas. My mother graduated from North Dallas HS (just north of the West Village) when that was considered to be North Dallas. It just depends on their perspective as to how a person refers to the different geographic regions of Dallas.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 AM

I know a company in that area which is actually in Farmer's Branch but uses "Dallas" as its address.

Dn is also right - "North Dallas" has generally been anything north of the Park Cities to LBJ since it was built. "Far North Dallas" is the City of Dallas beyond LBJ. The "Tundra" is.. well, never mind.

Dn, didn't know your mother is a "Bulldog" - great rivalries!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 AM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
So with Tenet coming in and taking up about 165,000 sq ft of office space, where does that put downtown's vacancy rate? With some of the losses to Uptown and Victory are they plus or minus for 2008? Anyone know?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:52 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I know a company in that area which is actually in Farmer's Branch but uses "Dallas" as its address.

Dn is also right - "North Dallas" has generally been anything north of the Park Cities to LBJ since it was built. "Far North Dallas" is the City of Dallas beyond LBJ. The "Tundra" is.. well, never mind.

Dn, didn't know your mother is a "Bulldog" - great rivalries!
Ah, Farmer's Branch. That's the city my wife works in, at Spring Valley and the Tollway, but the company uses Dallas. That's what annoys me. Far North portions of Dallas called Far North Dallas doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe I'm just a little testy this morning, been working a lot lately. Finished yesterday at 9:30pm after starting at 8am. ugh.

But I digress. Back on subject... Cityconvo has a good question - with all the shifting within the city to/from downtown - any idea what the actual affect is on the CBD occupancy rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas