Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,355 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of starting a new life in Texas. I have read many good things about the cost of housing in Frisco. I am 39yrs old and have lived in Orange County, Ca all my life. I work as a Sales Rep for a Building material Supplier and things are very slow. I sold my house back in 2005 at the top of the market and have kept it in Cd's. The Money I have can Pay for a house outright. I am not worried about the weather since I go to the river alot and enjoy the heat and sun. I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan and I was raised listening to Waylon Jennings, so hopfully have some things in common with the Locals.

I am worried about a Job though. I have a good resume for selling Building materials to the Industrial Commerical market but I am not sure if it is the same as So.Cal. The Market here is slow, but when it is good its really good.

If anyone can give me any information on the companies out there that would be great. For that matter any info on The Dallas Fortworth area in general would be appreciated too.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
The housing market has not been hit as hard now, but construction has slowed. The area is always growing. Frisco is the current boomtown, and Anna, Melissa, and Celina should be next. My best advice would be just to wait out the current market a bit.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 PM

116 posts, read 448,072 times
Dover-you will fit in just fine and there is a large group of OC living here in Frisco. There are many large commercial companies,continued growth and development. Off the top-Rodman, Hall Commercial, Robert Lynn Commercial & Duke Reality come to mind. I know you will recieve many more suggestions on this topic.
** Frisco is very new, a progressive city with excellent master-planned communities. We just reached 100,000 population & you will still see horses in cows in between some neighborhoods! Frisco borders Plano, Allen & McKinney, we have a huge corporate Headquarter base off Legacy..which is WEST PLANO. You will be amazed at the quality homes you can buy, compared to OC. I was out showing today with a OC transplant...even though the home prices look good initially..negotiate!

Welcome to the City of Frisco

Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM

103 posts, read 503,379 times
Add Turner Construction to the list as well, Dover.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
I've said that Frisco is the beveraly hills of Texas but some folks will disagree... oh well..its a great city.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM

35 posts, read 105,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I've said that Frisco is the beveraly hills of Texas but some folks will disagree... oh well..its a great city.
See I am not informed though I heard Frisco was Foreclosure City for the Dallas market. Is that a lie???

Seem I read that on the board. they said Frisclosure. How can that be Beverly Hills. Would that not be the area that Bush just bought in the high priced area of Dallas or are you simply referring to California residents moving in.

I am from the OC too.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
Highland Park is where Bush will be moving to, and yes it is much closer to Beverly Hills. I believe both Highland Park and Beverly Hills were designed/developed by the same person. Frisco and parts of Plano are upper middle class, six figure income rich. HP is millionaire and billionaire rich.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
What is starwood and stonebriar then? That isn't six figure rich middle-class....those are million + dollar homes. Just do a search on those neighborhoods located right in the middle of Frisco. please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Highland Park is where Bush will be moving to, and yes it is much closer to Beverly Hills. I believe both Highland Park and Beverly Hills were designed/developed by the same person. Frisco and parts of Plano are upper middle class, six figure income rich. HP is millionaire and billionaire rich.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:33 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
You are correct. Beverly Hills and Highland Park were designed by the same developer. If you have ever seen Chris Rock break down the difference between wealthy people and rich people then that is a good guide to understand the differece between Highland Park and Plano, Frisco, etc.

Last edited by cityconvo; 08-21-2008 at 11:19 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What is starwood and stonebriar then? That isn't six figure rich? Those are million dollar homes. please

Yes, but that does not necessarily mean they earn over a million per year.

Also the price per sq ft in Highland Park is considerably higher than "place your high end neighborhood/city here."

Last edited by cityconvo; 08-21-2008 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: Additional text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas