Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:20 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times

Advertisements

Right, my spelling of Hillsboro is probably from some other place I've been (NC or Florida?). I believe the accident happened about 20 miles outside of Hillsbro. I took an exit maybe on the 310 going toward a lake out there, then routed myself north back to the 35 to where it dropped me off right by the Starbucks in Hillsboro (only one for miles out there). Since the accident was right there, it took no time to get back on 35. It was a big detour though (15 mins ?). I believe the lake was Lake Aquilla. Is that a recreation spot ? That area out there....that's country. Parts of the town I drove through looked like it was from an old western movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 07:24 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,147,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Since the accident was right there, it took no time to get back on 35. It was a big detour though (15 mins ?). I believe the lake was Lake Aquilla. Is that a recreation spot ? That area out there....that's country. Parts of the town I drove through looked like it was from an old western movie.
310 will take you by Lake Aquilla, when we lived down that way, most people went to Lake Whitney, some went to Navarro Mills. I prefer Navarro Mills, but then the only time we stayed at Lake Whitney was in a private campground that didn't have anything in the way of lake facilities.

Back on topic, History Maker is a local company, with most of their current projects in Tarrent county with a half dozen in southern Dallas county and a few in Denton, Johnston and Ellis counties.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,090 times
Default not sure if you are still looking at this house

We bought this same house and WE LOVE IT! We did several upgrades like a second air conditioning unit and a different front which changed the look of the house completely. Total cost came to about $135K with all upgrades. Just remember that everything is an upgrade and it can get very pricey. Just upgrade what is important to you. We watched ours everyday as it was built and there was no lack of quality. When you are building through some of the other (more reputable) builders, alot of times, you are paying premium dollar for the name. My sister was building through another (very reputable) builder in a sub division about 10 miles away and she backed out about mid-way through due to the lack of quality. She is now building through History Maker. The way that History Maker explained this to us with why it was so low (we were skepticle too) was that because it is a floorplan with all the bedrooms upstairs, it did not sell as well as the 3000 with the master downstairs. In our case, in our subdivision, this was the last phase and they were closing out. When we first started looking at this floorplan in our subdivision, this house started at $156,500, so when they lowered the price to start at $119,500 we jumped on it instead of settling for something smaller. We love all the bedrooms upstairs and this floor plan gives you alot more living space downstairs instead of the master being downstairs. Good Luck!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,536 times
I can tell you about Mesquite . . .Avoid at all cost. The Mesquite ISD is bad news (just do a google search on Mesquite ISD Complaints) and the city is falling apart. It isn't the Mesquite of the 80's. If you are looking for a home that will appreicate in value then avoid Mesquite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas