Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
For real? In a city where you have to dress up to go the supermarket? Where do you live? All I see is constant hard bodies and hoochie mammas.
Really? In the whole month I've been here I've barely even looked up from my paper. Where exactly do you see all these hard bodies and hoochie mamas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Good lord... You have no idea what you're talking about. DFW is second to none when it comes to beautiful people. And congregating!

I'd rank it as better than even NYC, and NYC is awesome.
From what I've seen so far Dallas people are generally way overweight. Compared to the average Bostonian, you need to add 25 pounds. I could see more 10's on one walk down Newbury St than I see in a week around here. Maybe there's some part of town where the beautiful people are that I haven't been, but so far my babeDAR has been real quiet.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:52 PM

175 posts, read 405,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
From what I've seen so far Dallas people are generally way overweight. Compared to the average Bostonian, you need to add 25 pounds. I could see more 10's on one walk down Newbury St than I see in a week around here. Maybe there's some part of town where the beautiful people are that I haven't been, but so far my babeDAR has been real quiet.
So true for most of the parts. There is a big problem of obesity in DFW, and the main driver is the lack of daily physical activity. No walking as a commute, actually DFW is very very very pedestrian unfriendly. Not much physical activity, gyms are plenty but not full, parks are here but for some reason they forgot that trees = shadow = good activity in heat. Who would like to do much in the burning heat of the sun in the open fields? Food culture is up the wazoo, texmex is everywhere, lots of fatty food, lots of sauces, excessive calories, steaks are great but excessive calories, and do people loveeeeee to eat out in this town. And alcohol is another contributing factor, excess use = excess weight.

All above holds well for the obesity except in uptown, victory park, knox/h, mckinney area. Those areas have huge number of nice looking girls. They say most of the guys that have the bodies are gay, maybe the gaytown Cedar is very close by that is why.

But the latest stats say 20% of the population is herpes positive. So be excessively carefull out there, no cure for the thing

Old 10-03-2008, 07:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Of course there are obese people. We're talking about the singles scene, though, right?

Go to Addison, Uptown, lower Greenville next Saturday night...

All the beautiful people can't just live in West Plano...lol...the shops around my house are replete with plastic soccer moms with tight butts.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:08 AM

686 posts, read 2,437,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatires View Post
So true for most of the parts. There is a big problem of obesity in DFW, and the main driver is the lack of daily physical activity. No walking as a commute, actually DFW is very very very pedestrian unfriendly. Not much physical activity, gyms are plenty but not full, parks are here but for some reason they forgot that trees = shadow = good activity in heat. Who would like to do much in the burning heat of the sun in the open fields? Food culture is up the wazoo, texmex is everywhere, lots of fatty food, lots of sauces, excessive calories, steaks are great but excessive calories, and do people loveeeeee to eat out in this town. And alcohol is another contributing factor, excess use = excess weight.

All above holds well for the obesity except in uptown, victory park, knox/h, mckinney area. Those areas have huge number of nice looking girls. They say most of the guys that have the bodies are gay, maybe the gaytown Cedar is very close by that is why.

But the latest stats say 20% of the population is herpes positive. So be excessively carefull out there, no cure for the thing

The gyms I've been to seem to be always crowded. I highly doubt any new ones would keep opening if nobody here went to them. Dallas doesn't seem to have any more over overweight people than any other large city I've been to.

I am not sure where you have been going, but there are plenty of parks here....with trees! And people do actually use them.

Uptown, Knox-Henderson, Greenville Ave., North Park, Oak Lawn, etc., there are many fit and single people in these and other areas.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,697 times
Go to the Rolex,Centex,Jone day buildings in Uptown for lunch. The cafeteria/restaurant gathers the most beautiful men/women I have ever seen. (Yea I like both). Cant take so much beauty during lunch hour.
But I agree uptown, knox/henderson, downtown and cedar springs are the hippest areas with the best looking people in Dallas.
I remember going to lewisville (some mall up there) last year, and I could not believe how many overweight people you see.
So stick to the city. There's more eye candy down here.

The most good looking city ever...MIAMI. They are all crazy and have no jobs, but are drop dead gorgeous.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 AM

983 posts, read 4,442,537 times
I kinda agree on the gym thing. I have Bally's and have had them since the 80's and only pay $8 per month now. The nearest Bally's is over 8 miles from my residence. I guess that is not too bad but I am used to my gym being within 1 to 2 miles. However, there is a 24 hr fitness closer but then I'd have to pay more.

This thread is funny though! By the way MS is #1 state for obesity.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:14 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Quote:

You OBVIOUSLY arent in Uptown, if you cant find the Barbie & Ken Doll types there, maybe you should take a flight back to Logan!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,496 times
Quote:
From what I've seen so far Dallas people are generally way overweight.
DFW metroplex: I can see your point.
Dallas, the city: Not so much. Plenty of beautiful, athletic types. Check out Katy trail.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:36 AM

175 posts, read 405,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
DFW metroplex: I can see your point.
Dallas, the city: Not so much. Plenty of beautiful, athletic types. Check out Katy trail.
Dallas the city is not only about Katy Trail as far as we know. The Dallas city area is pretty big, 350sqmls big. And has around 1.3 million people. And trust me, they don't all live around Katy Trail. And on Katy Trail on a single exercise run, I only see one or two hundred people at most. Out of 1.3 million compared to two hundred?

On a side note; Even on Katy Trail you can see many overweight people, good that they are taking an action to be healthier by exercising etc, but obesity and being overweight is different, most people associate it as the same. The obesity rate in whole Texas is around 28%. The overweight rate is much more than that, a staggering 59% for Texas.

As people get fatter, people perceive themselves as normal, but they are fatter, and not normal. The definition of healthy in people's eyes today is so much different than 30 years ago. As people got fatter they have fantasied the reality, for most people on the street only 10-20% of people would be considered overweight and less percentage obese, because they look around and they look at themselves and they don't see much difference and think everything is normal. But reality is that we are overweight, and obesity is a big problem in all cities, not only Dallas, but everywhere. And seeing some well bodied people on Katy Trail does not make the city of Dallas fit and lean, on a single run I only see at most one or two hundred people exercising on Katy Trail.

There are fit and good looking bodies in the Uptown, Knox, VPark area, but not all of them are as such, and not all of them represent the whole population of the city of Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas